Throttle pedal problems... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Throttle pedal problems...

Okay, so I have had this problem for a while and I have became so used to it I almost forgot about it. When I go to push in the throttle it has a good bit of play in it. It instantly revs up to 1100 RPM. This doesn't seem right to me. My dad has the same year but a dually. No play whatsoever so I feel like I have a problem. He seems to think its the Cam Sensor but I think its the TPS, anyone have any suggestions? I had it throw a code one time where it completely wouldn't go anywhere when I pushed in the throttle and I had to turn it off to fix it and it shot a TPS code.. haven't had a problem since though after I turned it back on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like the idle switch on the pedal. Not closing soon enough as you press the pedal.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Premium Member

It also doesn't click like other obs's ive drove. Idk if that will help but I forgot to include that. So hopefully we can narrow it down to at least that one thing..
Old 08-25-2013, 07:47 AM

If you look at the pedal assembly, there will be two electrical connections to it. One is for the TPS (3-wire connection) and the Idle Validation Switch (2-wire connection). The IVS should be open at idle and close just off the idle position. You can check it with the IVS disconnected and a meter. Cheers!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Premium Member

It almost just seems to be that it didn't click until you push in the pedal about a half inch. When I look under and push with my hand it doesn't hit that little wire looking piece until that half inch

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 PM

On mine, the IVS "button" is in contact with the metal tab off the pedal arm at idle. I actually hear the click at roughly the "1/2 inch" depression point. I would use a meter to make sure it is open at idle and actually closes. The TPS resistances should change smoothly when the pedal is depressed as well. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.