96 F250 7.3L wont start... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 F250 7.3L wont start...

Ok, I just had a new fuel tank and a new fuel pump put in. Soo here is the story... I started my truck in the morning everything ran great. No problems. I did some things and then had to go to the store. I came out of the store and the truck wouldn't start... Well it would start but it would immediately die.. I would wait for the glow plugs to warm up then turn the key. Would start then getting to about 500 rpm would shut off... So I had my friend pick me up and I went and got a new fuel filter. I put it in and started right up no problems... I figured I fixed the problem... 40 min later I shut the truck off. I went back out to the truck and it wouldn't start again. What could this be? It seems like its not getting fuel. But it ran fine after I replace the filter... Then I shut it off and gave me the same problem... By this point i figured maybe i got some dirty fuel maybe the filter is dirty again. checked the filter and of course its still clean. Can someone help me figure this problem out. I just paid $2500 for have a whole bunch of work done to it and I dont have the money to bring it to a shop and have them fix it soo I am going to have to do it myself.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

cps sensor,its like 25 bucks,try that.mine would die,startr back up fine drive for 10 miles then die again,start right up every time.thats what i would do.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Is it full of oil? Try checking the fuel pressure also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.