Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Radiator/Coolant Issue

954 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Kryptic_361 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am Nicole.

I just bought a '95 7.3L today. Literally on the way home the hose that goes from the radiator with the coolant came off from the bottom and all the coolant came out on the driveway. I am not sure when it happened, I drove 30 minutes from place of purchase. It still leaked a lot when I got it home so I don't think that it was off the whole drive. I put it back on and tightened the hose but have not put coolant in yet.

I was told that this could have caused a serious problem and things could have warped. Am I in serious trouble here or is it going to be okay? I am going to troubleshoot tomorrow AM but I don't think I'll be able to sleep until then. :/

I've been looking for many years for the truck I purchased today and if I messed it up on the first day I am going to be livid!!

Thanks in advance for any advice. I appreciate it!

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum!

You may very well be OK, so don't panic just yet. If it's me, I would get everything to where it is not leaking and refill and see what happens. I've overheated both of mine at one time or another and they did not have any problems (these engines are pretty stout). Stay positive (and fingers crossed)! Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.