No Start No Check Engine Light - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Start No Check Engine Light

Hey guys,

I'm having an no start issue on my 95 PSD. It began having issues about a month or two after installing my TS Performance chip. I followed all instructions cleaning the contacts on the PCM and securing it with tape to be sure it wouldn't slide in and out. Also my keys were out of the ignition and batteries disconnected.

It was two weeks ago when it began fast cranking with no start, however, after trying a few times the truck would start and run just fine. But just last weekend it died on me while I was driving so I knew then it was time to look into it. Thinking my chip was the problem I removed it and put it back to stock. This did not solve my issues as my truck would start occasionally but die shortly after. Driving to the store and back it died on me about 8 times starting right back up each time. While running the truck sounded healthy no signs of a misfire etc.

Now the truck refuses to start no matter what. It has brand new batteries so I can rule those out. I've done quite a bit of research trying to get to the bottom of this and performed a number of tests and replaced a few different parts including : replacing the CPS sensor, fuel "lift" pump, replaced the blue hoses, cleaned contacts on all sensors including ICP even tried unplugging that one and cleaned valve cover harness plugs, checked all fuses including the 30A #22 fuse, swapped IDMs with a buddy's 7.3 SD that runs good, even put the horn relay into the IDM relays position to see if that was my issue.

When key is in the ON position with engine OFF the wait to start light illuminates as it should and while cranking the oil pressure gauge builds pressure and my Tach is showing approximately 400RPMs. I have not been able to put it on a scan tool because I do not have access to an advanced on like AE or snap on to run buzz tests etc.. Plus I'm do not have any check engine lights so I am not even sure its throwing any codes. My head is spinning trying to figure out what is wrong with this truck I appreciate any feedback I get as I rely on this truck as a daily driver.

Thank you all in advance ,
Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Make sure the "tin nut" on the IPR is snug (and I would probably make sure the IPR solenoid coil is not open-circuited. Also do a thorough inspection of the fuel bowl wiring harness since fuel leaks can turn the wiring insulation to goo, causing shorts and other funny stuff. What is your fuel pressure when cranking (minimum is 25 psi at 100 minimum crnk speed)? Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.