Please help ASAP!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help ASAP!!!

Last week I was driving my truck and it just shut off like it lost all power to the PCM, the WTS light flashed and the truck died. I got it home and a couple days later I finally had a chance to mess with it. My negative battery cables were loose so I tightened them and the truck started right up. I went to drive it and it shut off. I started it back up and it did the same thing a couple more times. Finally I let the clutch out fast and it took off. I stopped at the end of the drive way and when I went to take off it died and would just turn over but not start. Once before, it shut off while I was driving bc the ipr came unplugged so I checked the plug thinking maybe it came off and that's why it wouldn't start but I was wrong, it was plugged in all the way. When I got back in the truck and tried to start it, it wouldn't turn over or anything. The WTS light comes on but it just won't turn over. It's a 95' F350 with a 5 speed tranny. I'm thinking maybe the neutral safety switch is bad but I don't know for sure. Is there anyway to by pass it to test it? I need to figure this out ASAP, I need my truck for work. I work 30 miles from my house so i can't just catch a ride until I get it fixed. Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

When you crank does tachometer move? Any Check Engine Light?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 PM

If neutral safety switch is bad, it won't crank at all. You will turn the key ans nothing happens.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:07 PM

Also when you crank it....does it idle fine and normal? Will it idle as long as you leave it alone and only die when trying to move it?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Nothing happens when I turn the key. Its just like trying to start it without the clutch pushed in. Yeah the tach moves when cranking.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM

Perhaps it is switch. Have you inspected it? There is a yellowish clip that holds it on pushrod that is kind of flimsy as well as a flimsy metal tab on bottom. Id look into that.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:15 PM

Ive been so busy I haven't had a chance to mess with it, it was urgent that I had to fix it but luckily my boss gave me a company truck to use as long as I need it. I ordered stage 2 injectors, t-500 hpop, new ipr and everything I need for efuel so I'm going to wait until everything comes in and do it all at once. Hopefully I'll be able to order my d66 turbo monday, if not then ill get it the following week. Im also replacing the valve cover gaskets and uvch, glow plugs and all the connectors to the valve cover harness and ipr harness. Im just gonna replace everything and make it right. I hope the issue I'm having now is just the neutral switch. I got a big job ahead of me in the next week or two!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.