1995 f350 injector upgrade question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 f350 injector upgrade question

I've been a member for several years now but just kind of set in the background. Now I have a question. I have a 1995 f350 Cc lwb 2 wheel drive. The engine is stock internally, with 330,000 miles. I am looking for the best injector selection for my application. Upgrades consist of a banks big hoss kit which consist of banks inter cooler,side winder turbo housing,trans command,banks brake,banks big hoss chip. Triple a pillar gauges,billet aluminum deep sump transmission pan,3 inch down pipes,straight pipe exhaust.I want the best hp injector upgrade for my engine without causing internal damage. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as it rarely does towing, mostly my play toy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did I post this question in the correct place? I can't believe that no one on here has any suggestions for me! Maybe a mod can help me get this into the right place so I can get some feedback on my situation. Thanks for any help
Old 03-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well you did post in the problem forum.
But honestly other than that, I don't know. Pretty sure you'll need custom tunes to run different injectors.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Should have posted in performance section, your going to need custom tunes to run anything other than a stock injector, and I will suggest tony wildman tunes and stage 2's from rosewood de tuned tho, till you get a d66 or the like
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So how can I move this to the performance section or can a mod move it for me? And 351fifty I have the banks big hoss kit with the banks chip on it now will I still need to get a additional tuner to stack with it? And what's the d66? Thanks for the comments
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanick28 View Post
And 351fifty I have the banks big hoss kit with the banks chip on it now will I still need to get a additional tuner to stack with it? And what's the d66? Thanks for the comments
You don't stack on these trucks. You can probably send that chip to get custom tunes burnt onto it.
D66 is a turbo.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 PM

D66 is a dominator 66 mm turbo, factory replacement but bigger for obs and e99 trucks, from beans diesel, a mod would have to move the thread, and maybe someone can rewrite your banks chip but I don't know that for sure, I have a ts chip with tony wildman tunes on it, 6 positions and select on the fly
Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Admin can I get this question moved over to the performance section please? Where do I get the d66 turbo? Will it be better than the sidewinder that I have now? How can I contact "tony wild man" or the rosewood de tuned injectors? Thanks again
Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 PM

Turbo contact beans diesel, rosewood injectors contact rosewooddieselshop.com, and tony wildman tunes can be found from venders here or from tony himself, contact Cary at ctperformance inc, his s/n here is obswiz, or Raul at stealth automotive, the d66 is a bigger turbo than what you have the banks sidewinder is an exhaust housing, and maybe an impeller wheel at most iirc
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok cool thanks for the info. Now can I do a wicked wheel on my turbo and get the same type of performance as the d66? I'm curious because with the side winder housing making it spool faster and the ww installed then I don't have lag like I would with a big turbo right? Also with the rosewood sticks do I need to have my new factory hpop that I just put on reworked for more pressure or buy one or is it plenty enough pressure for the new sticks? And if I use wild mans tunes is it a programmer or is it just a multiple position chip that I plug in where the banks chip is? Also was curious if the tunes would have like an engine protect built in like I was told the triple dog has to deregulate the fuel to keep me from melt down? Thanks again for the input. Ooh should I go ahead and do studs while I've got it down just as a safety measure? Just not sure with forcing more air and fuel if that will be a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.