How do you disconnect EBPV - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do you disconnect EBPV

Ive been searching but i can find a straightforeward THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT. is there just a plug i can pull to make it not close its not working how it should and its pissing me off. where is the plug located or how do you stop the damn thing from closing.... i cant stand it my downpipe hits the cab a little but i cant notice it until the damn ebpv closes and it rattles and drones and its terrible.. 20-30 minute drive to school and it still turns on to "warm up" had enough just want it to stop turning on.. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Re: How do you disconnect EBPV

The plug is located directly under the intake outlet to the spyder. I deleted mine last month because I was having the same issue. But the plug has a wire loop to retain the plug but its not hard if you lay on top and just feel around the front of the pedestal till you locate it.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:50 AM

Don't just disconnect it, delete it all together. The plug is easy to get too but chances are that your EBPV is probably leaking (they all leak on the 7.3) and you can get a pedestal with the EBPV delted (for the econoline) as well as the garret cast flange where the butterfly resides. Its not too expensive at around 200 for all the parts and the benefit if EGT reduction and les restriction right at the turbine is always a good gain. Just remember if you do the full delete to get new bolts for the garrett turbo, think their are 7 on that plate. Garrett lists the turbo bolts as single use, they are cheap and not worth the hassle.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM

Agreed I look at it as you are preventing an oil leak in the future cause we all know that issues never come up when the money and time is available its always the most inconvenient time. I did mine in 7 total hours and that's with the foil delete, cleaning every part, installing a wicked wheel and painting the turbo and spyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 AM

You where a bit more adventurous than I was with the painting. I would like to see some pics. I have to pull the spyder, turbo and pedestal to replace the up pipes. I just had all that stuff out last month to do all the oil and fuel seals on the injectors, fuel filter housing, HPOP and upgraded and rebuilt the turbo with the banks wheel, garret blow off for the larger turbo (big improvement alone right there) and EBPV eliminate. At least all of my oil leaks have been cured, the last dealership I had the truck at on a road trip told me the rear main was leaking, it wasn't but the EBPV was badly and the HPOP was as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM

All I used was black high heat rattle can paint from the local hardware store. And its been holding up I strongly advise getting intake boots from riff raff because the stock ones stick out. If you want more let me know. http://pbr1301.photobucket.com/album...ps69da4ebf.jpg
Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 PM

okay thanks alot. that was my plan to delete it this summer but right now when its going off in the cold weather its just pissing me off. ahahhaa good project for summer. lotta things to do hopefully when the weather gets warm thanks for the info!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 PM

what about making the ebpv into and exhaust brake? what do u guys think of that or can it still leak and cause problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.