Join Date: Feb 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another Rough Idle/Surging issue
I have been fighting this problem for about a year now. Truck is a 1995 model with less than 100k miles. The truck romps every time I start it for about 5 seconds. After that, it has a surging idle until it warms up. After it warms up, it idles consistently but slightly rough. Truck also seems to be louder than it used to be. Seems like it could be some injector knock coming from the #8 cylinder, but most people have told me it sounds normal. I'm stumped as to what else I can do. Here are the things I have done so far.
1. Rebuilt the fuel bowl/fpr with all new O-rings
2. New O-rings on the IPR
3. Had the Under cover valve harnesses replaced
4. Buzz Test was good
5. Cylinder Contribution Test was good
6. New Glow Plugs
7. Just had the oil Changed today
8. Cleaned EBP tube
9. Has no codes
1. Could crud built up in my mixing chambers in the fuel tanks cause this?
2. Could the MAP sensor cause this?
3. Should I just throw a brand new IPR at it?
4. ICP isn't leaking oil or throwing a code, should I get a new one anyway?
I hate throwing parts at it, but I've had it scanned and have no codes. I guess I'm more of a worry wart than most, but I'm worried about the life of my engine if I just continue to drive it as it is.