Input needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM
MINNESNOWTA

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Input needed

So I've been trying to hunt down this surge at idle. Happens in Park and neutral, and sparingly in drive. Cold or hot same issue. So what I've ruled out I guess,(not a professional by any means) but I have replaced the EBPS and tube within the last 9 months, CPS is about 2-3 months old (blue ford one), ICP 1 month old, injectors replaced within last 300 miles, Vehicle speed sensor in the diff. Unplugged MAP no change. All wiring to sensors are free from any fluid contamination. I have recorded the following values via Scangauge (wish I had AE)

RPM 625-670
ICP 539-600
IPR 12%
FPW 1.16-1.35
BST .02-.03
MFDES 11.0-11.7
EBP 14.2-14.5
VLTS 13.5-14.2
VFDES .78-.86

I have a pillar mounted low pressure oil gauge it also surges 10 psi along with all this at the same time.

My biggest question is would or should the IPR duty cycle increase during all this or stay the same, I would beleive it should increase (like I said no expert). Also the scangauge is telling me that the computer in reading .3 boost at idle which I think to be unlikley so I'm not wondering if its MAP related. I'm thinking its between these two, I just don't want to through parts at seeing as both of these could total up to a 300.00 wrong diagnosis.

Any input would be much appreicated
Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:20 PM
MINNESNOWTA

Forgot to add back in July-August time frame went to international and they did a CCT and a buzz test everything passed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

What is the fuel pressure at idle, engine warm? The connectors at the VC are clean and shiny? Unplug the hose to the MAP and see if the reading changes.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 AM
MINNESNOWTA

Well currently at work I will disconnect the tube later. But the fuel pressure is 71 psi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 AM

I'm dumb, your sig says E-fuel though running above 65psi is still not preferable. Your sig doesn't say if you are running a chip to compensate for the injectors though. Have you unplugged the ICP and starting the truck to see if it smoothes out?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM
MINNESNOWTA

I have not unplugged it yet, that was my next course of action. From what I've researched the duty cycle seems to be within the correct parameters as far as idle, accelerating, and WOT.So I guess I kind of overlooked it. I also have yet to pull the trigger on a chip yet... I have just started dabbling in modding this truck. I knew it needed injectors bad and in preparation for future modding I had went with the rosewoods. I didn't think that not running a chip could have a negative impact with the injectors thought they would just be at stock programming and you wouldn't get the full potential out of them.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM

Your Duty Cycle on HP oil and fuel looks great. Pulling the ICP just takes the oil pressure out of the PCMs control (more or less).
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM
MINNESNOWTA

Well pulled the ICP and no start which is whats supposed to happen right?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:53 AM

Yes, now pull it while it's running. While it's running the PCM will assume a smooth 500 psi in the rails that usually smooths out the truck.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:55 AM

With the truck not running I wanted to see if the wiring was shot and shorting from the 5v reference to the other side causing the PCM to constantly fight the wiring for a smooth idle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.