no power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no power

Just bought my first powerstroke.I have driven many other trucks but this truck I bought is gutless.My 3cyl firefly has more get up and go.The truck runs really good just no power. I have checked for codes nothing. New fuel filter,air filter,removed muffler,cat. No exhaust leaks turbo looks good. Checked and cleaned ebs sensors and tube. Just not happy when I cant even go up hill faster than a firefly. Any help please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM
BANNED by Kris

No smoke of any kind? No codes (don't rely on the check engine light to come on. The printed circuit board needs repair from time to time)? Is it the same output with both tanks (assuming you have dual tanks)? What year/model truck? Do you have a couple bucks to spend to make your own diagnostic gauges?

Oh,
Old 10-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no power

It is a 96 Just a bit of blue smoke first start up in the morning then nothing allday. does not matter which tank I run on.I used a Mac scanner no codes or stored codes.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM
BANNED by Kris

K. Don't worry too much about the cold start blues. Time to make some gauges. On the back of your Fuel Bowl is a schrader valve. Get a cheap fluid filled gauge from someplace like SummitRacing (about $25 there) and a female/female 1/4" NTP brass coupler (any autoparts store). Remove the Schrader valve from the bung and install the fuel gauge. What is idling pressure? Optimally you want 60-65 psi but anything over 45-50 is ok. By adding a couple foot long 1/4" rubber line to this setup you can zip tie it to the windshield wiper and watch the FP as you drive down the road. BUT, do purge the line of air before your drive and make sure that the rubber line is rated for diesel. What are your driving fuel pressures (idle/cruising/WOT)?

If all is ok head to your local Hose-Man (or the like) and have made a test line that will screw into the oil bank on the head and a gauge that reads to 3000psi (not sure on this one but it might again be a 1/4" NTP fitting on the head). Purge the line and go for another drive. What are your HPOP readings?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i believe its my fuel pump checked this morning its around 30psi did the bb thing in the plunger bumped it up to 40psi. noticed there was some fuel under the pump going to change it tommorow. Thanks let you know how it goes
Old 10-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

change the fuel pump and all the lines. that was the prob having fun now smoking the tires off now
Old 10-28-2012, 07:04 AM
BANNED by Kris

Sweet news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.