Resealed HPOP on my 95 and can't get it to start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jeremy2146 Send a message via MSN to jeremy2146
Resealed HPOP on my 95 and can't get it to start

So I resealed the HPOP and fuel bowl last weekend and got it all put togethor and can't get it to start. turns over great but just won't fire. Fuel bowl is full, and resevior is staying full, I know I put the checkball in the right place, and just don't know where to check next. Got some different information off the internet so I'm going to start troubleshooting now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How long have you tried cranking it? What's your ICP? It takes a lot of cranking to build ICP after the system has gone dry. Also double check the bolt on the HPOP gear I have been fooled into thinking it was tight when it was actually spinning.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I will recheck the bolt again, and I do not know what the ICP is, where do I plumb in a guage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
How long have you tried cranking it? What's your ICP? It takes a lot of cranking to build ICP after the system has gone dry. Also double check the bolt on the HPOP gear I have been fooled into thinking it was tight when it was actually spinning.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I did torque the bolt to 95 ft-lbs and have cranked on it a good while.
It turns over great, fires off on a little ether (glow plug relay disconnected of course) but just can't get it to stay running. it was fine before I pulled the HPOP and fuel bowl.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You have two possibilities. A your not getting fuel to the injector B your not getting oil to inject the fuel. If you can get a hold of a scanner you can check ICP to see if your getting oil and know where to look for a issue.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Make sure you reconnected the IPR. The wiring for it is part of the fuel bowl wiring harness. You would be surprised how often it gets left disconnected. Cheers!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, I rechecked the gear bolt, and it is tight. Checked all the fuses, they're all good. tried unplugging the IPR ad starting, It won't do anything without it plugged in. Pulled the oil plugs on both heads, they're good and full, so I got curious and loosened the high pressure oil line to the passenger head and had the girlfriend crank it over.....got nothing, so I took it off completely and had her try it again, I was ready for a mess, and still got nothing. I'm really leaning towards the IPR now as it must not be working. Is there a voltage I can test for on the plug with the key on to make sure its getting a signal?

I don't have a scanner, or even know what kind of scanner I would need to check everything with, I tried looking for the plug like on an OBDII rig and couldn't find one.
Thinking I need to build a guage for the oil pressure, but really leaning towards a new IPR, what do you guys think??
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM
BANNED by Kris

I don't know that the '95 had the in cab diagnostic port (OBDII). Later ones did but they didn't work unless Ford upped the PCM software. PM me a email address and I'll send you the volt meter diagnosis chart. Sorry guys I can't seem to save it in any other way but as a Word Doc
Old 08-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

PM sent, look forward to the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
I don't know that the '95 had the in cab diagnostic port (OBDII). Later ones did but they didn't work unless Ford upped the PCM software. PM me a email address and I'll send you the volt meter diagnosis chart. Sorry guys I can't seem to save it in any other way but as a Word Doc
Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hello, All
I did recieve some info from BigFuel, but haven't had a chance to test anything yet.
I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the little check ball behind the "non servicable plug"
I know I put it back in behind the little rod, but I did take it out and clean it, didn't see no harm in doing that.
Also, I got a 5000 psi guage and was going to plumb it in to my high pressure oil system, any recommendation as to where? Didn't know if it should be inline between the head and pump or just to one of the head ports.....Also, what kind of psi should I see at the fill plug on the resevior? I would like to test that as well.
also if i'm not getting any "flow" from the high pressure lines, could that mean that something is wrong with the internal bypass?
Just throwing out ideas......let me know your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.