which sensor is it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
which sensor is it?

i went to change trans fluid. the fluid was real dark almost like oil. i got the new fluid in. when i put it into reverse the rpms jump up as if i would hit the throttle but i am holding the brake. this bogs the engine down and stalls out. i put it in reverse and let it go to see how fast it would go. it got up to alittle over 6 mph. i did have a 94 gasser with similar problems. it was the tps. i cant find anything like this on my truck now. i dont have engine light on. while cold going down the road i did see that the rpms would flux. it never done that before. it also feels like it has a slight stall going down the road. would this be the tps, vss,idle sensor or pedal sensor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 08:57 AM
BANNED by Kris

What your truck's info (miles/year/2wd/4wd/rear gear size/performance MODS/how long you've had it/what have you done to it maintenance wise/level & condition of all fluids)?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 PM

the truck is a 1996 2wd that has 235000 miles on it. it has a auto trans. i had it for 3 months maybe 4. i noticed the when i back out of the driveway and put it into drive that it would not go into drive. i have to drop it down to 1 to get it to move. it also was shifting hard. i had a mechanic to work on the truck. he said as far as the fluid goes it was real dirty. i checked the fluid and there was too much fluid. i changed the oil at 5000 miles. i changed the trans fluid sun which was almost at the 10000 mile mark since i had it. i also drained the torque converter. the trans was dark as oil. the magnet was totally covered. i have replace valve cover gaskets and all 4 pig tails. the idm is also been replaced. it was bought new from the dealership. it also has a new cam position sensor. the mechanic says either the truck has been chipped or it is a real strong running truck. i have asked on here to know if it has a chip. the response was that it was a good motor. the valley is clean. i recently notice a fuel leak on the top. the truck runs real quite compared to other trucks of that year range. you can stand right next to it to talk to someone without raising your voice to talk. i have notice when i turn the key there is a click noise. the mechanic says that i might have burned out couple glow plugs when the idm burned out.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
your trans is on its way out
Old 06-13-2012, 08:47 PM

please dont say that. too much money. how hard would it be to convert to a stick. what money be involved too.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Well at very minimum your solenoid pack is going out. Converting to a stick can be anywhere from 500-2000 bucks depending on what you can get ahold of for cheap
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 PM

solenoid pack sounds difficult. would it be deep in the trans
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

nah, its right in the pan. just drop the pan. undo the trans plug on the passenger side. undo a few bolts and drop the solenoid pack out
Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 PM

when i looked the magnet it was almost inch thick covered. i never seen one like that before. i have heard that on a ford auto trans that if the fluid has not been changed before dont or the trans will go out shortly after that. is that true or just talk.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

My magnet was the same way. but my trans also pretty much melted down. Uh ive heard the same thing but I dont know if there is any truth to it or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.