Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

interior lights stay on

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rock jeep 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 F350 crew cab that is a Western hauler so it has an over head console instead of the reg dome lights but my door lights stay on all the time untill they "time out" but then you cant turn on the overhead lights till u turn the key back on. Has anybody ever ran into this? I am figuring it is just the way they had it wiried up at western hauler but I would like to have some light when I open the door in my truck.

#2 ·
The time-out is not a standard function, unless it's built into the RKE of the trucks so equipped. Have you checked to see what happens when you open the other doors?

Do the interior/courtesy lights go on when you twist the headlight knob all the way counter-clockwise, past the click stop?

#3 ·
no once it sits for a couple hrs none of the inside lights will come on untill you turn the key on. Not even the map lights or "mood lights" but once you turn the key on u can use the map lights and such. When I bought the truck last year it didnt have any bulbs in the door lights so I put one in the drivers door when I had it apart but it stays on all the time nomatter if u turn them off at the switch or not. The knob will not do anything to the lights in this truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.