Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No throttle response (not tps)

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  oneofmy3 
#1 ·
96 f250, was running fine until one morning the go pedal didn't work. First thought of course was the pedal assembly. Replaced both sensors and still no bueno. It starts great, no warning lights, no gauge malfunctions and no smoke. Figured I'd check if anyone here could shed some light on what the issue might be before I tow it to a mechanic and get bent over :tard:

TIA

#2 ·
Welcome!

Have you used a meter to check that the Idle Validation Switch (IVS) is in fact switching and that the pedal position sensor (TPS) resistance changes smoothly? If both those check out OK, I would probably test the wiring for both of those (it helps to have an Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM) for that). Cheers!

#3 ·
same problem about 3 weeks ago.. i moved all the wires around the pedal no luck. i sprayed WD-40 on everthing around there (ivs, and tps). It fixed the problem for now hoped it helped!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.