Need help...oil leak that i cant find. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Need help...oil leak that i cant find.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on here but I've read this site inside and out. I have a 95 F350 CC LB 4X4 that has an oil and fuel leak that are absolutely impossible to find. I have removed my hpop 3 times, replaced its gasket, replaced all of the hoop orings twice, changed the reservoir gasket, and rebuilt the fuel bowl twice(including the sensor on the back).

Every time I drive the truck and park it there is always a couple drops of both fluids on the ground a little later. I have oil in the front of the valley bit zero visible leaks. I've searched with an inspection mirror and can't find anything. What could it be? I can't really tell if I have fuel in the front of the valley because its completely black fluid.

I'm wondering if maybe the fuel pump is seeping fuel somehow and I just can't see it or the banjo bolts on the rear of the head. Is there an easy way (or hard way) to check these? Same thing with the hpop. I don't know what else could be leaking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Btw I love this site. It has help me fix a million things on this truck and I'm sure it will help with a ton more. Thanks again. Darren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

are you sure it is an oil leak? i had the same problem, but come to find out it was a power steering line, as for the fuel leak i just took it to the dealer.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i get a few drops from the fuel line on the back of the head. need to replace the seals. when i rebuild my turbo.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks guys! I'm not sure about the powersteering leaking. I don't lose any fluid and the oil is up in the valley and very black. Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't know a way for PS fluid to make it to the valley?? I also forgot to mention that I rebuilt my turbo and replaced the pedastal o-rings.

Does anyone think there is a chance that the oil is leaking from the head gasket? I just need to remove everything from the valley again. It's such a PITA though. At least it's not my DD.

Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks again guys.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
anyway it could be the ebpv sensor?, have you cleaned every bit of it off, run it a couple minutes and then find where it originates? good luck since you taking it all off anyway
Old 04-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I found one of the fuel leaks, even after replacing the o-rings on the fuel drain it was leaking again. I still suspect the pump may be leaking. But know I have another problem, when I replaced the o-rings, there is a little rubber plug that goes under the top o-ring, it was toast. I checked fordparts.com and they do not list it as an available part. Any chance anyone out there has this tiny little plug????? I put the drain back on and filled the bowl with water and it leaked like a sieve. Obviously my truck is down during this but any help would be awesome. I will gladly buy it off of anyone out there. PM for my address. Thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Oh and no its not the EBPV. I cleaned the bottom of the motor again so I can see if it leaks anywhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.