2 speed rearend like deal, and programmer switch ?s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 speed rearend like deal, and programmer switch ?s

1st I just bought a '95 power stroke Monday, and let me tell you I'm lovin me some stroking..haha, well it has a knob mounted under the dash that has like 3 different slection. Well the guy I got it from said it was like a selector switch for a programmer or whatever to turn fuel and what not up or somthin' but the switch was broken apart and don't work anymore
Is there any replacement selector switch I can replace it with?

2ndly I was talk in to my dad and tellin him the way my truck is geared at 55 mph it sounds like the motor is just gonna jump up in you lap and he brought somthin upto me, well I will be pulling my race car plus some farm equipment and stuff of that nature so I don't want to go with another gear but he said he has seen this thing people has put on the back of their tranny and it makes it like you have somewhat like a 2 speed rearend and one ratio would be the same as it is now but then you would have a low side to it and would run lower RPM's. Has anyone done this? Do they even make the application for our trucks? If so was it worth it and how much did it set you back?

Also my truck seems to have a lil exahust leak but when I get into the fuel it seems to sorta fall on it's face a lil at about 2000 rpm, would that be my waste gate or a boost leak, and how much boost should my stock system hold(so i can run a boost leak test) and how much boost should I be pushing stock??

Thanks in advance??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 AM
back to business

Gear Vendors under/overdrive transmissions the most awarded auxiliary transmissions.

Check that out. I have no experiance with it, but have heard that their setup works well
Old 04-18-2012, 04:09 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons17r View Post
1st I just bought a '95 power stroke Monday, and let me tell you I'm lovin me some stroking..haha, well it has a knob mounted under the dash that has like 3 different slection. Well the guy I got it from said it was like a selector switch for a programmer or whatever to turn fuel and what not up or somthin' but the switch was broken apart and don't work anymore
Is there any replacement selector switch I can replace it with? Take a picture of the switch and chip itself, and we can tell you whether or not you can get a new switch.

2ndly I was talk in to my dad and tellin him the way my truck is geared at 55 mph it sounds like the motor is just gonna jump up in you lap and he brought somthin upto me, well I will be pulling my race car plus some farm equipment and stuff of that nature so I don't want to go with another gear but he said he has seen this thing people has put on the back of their tranny and it makes it like you have somewhat like a 2 speed rearend and one ratio would be the same as it is now but then you would have a low side to it and would run lower RPM's. Has anyone done this? Do they even make the application for our trucks? If so was it worth it and how much did it set you back? As was stated, its a Gearvendor, and its not cheap, but it does work well.

Also my truck seems to have a lil exahust leak but when I get into the fuel it seems to sorta fall on it's face a lil at about 2000 rpm, would that be my waste gate or a boost leak, and how much boost should my stock system hold(so i can run a boost leak test) and how much boost should I be pushing stock??
Your 95 isn't wastegated, so if your hearing/smelling exhaust, its more than likely your uppipes leaking. As far as it falling flat, its probably more likely that your ICP (Injection Control Pressure) is falling off and feels like its losing power.
Thanks in advance??
If you pull the emergency brake bracket off, and look at the pcm, you will see whether or not it has a chip in it. It could very well be a simple ICP type 10k mod that was put on it. Need pics to verify.

Welcome to the Org.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

2 speed rearend like deal, and programmer switch ?s-imag1117.jpg
That black tube of wires is commin from the knob
2 speed rearend like deal, and programmer switch ?s-imag1118.jpg
2 speed rearend like deal, and programmer switch ?s-imag1096.jpg
i put a pic of my truck in there just for a lil eyecandy.. haha
Old 04-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to buckels Send a message via MSN to buckels Send a message via Yahoo to buckels
That my friend would be a chip!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

so what do i do????
Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to buckels Send a message via MSN to buckels Send a message via Yahoo to buckels
I am not sure as to what you would need to do. I have never seen the knob broken. Maybe Tony can pop back in with some advice.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

hopefully, i wanna go ask ppl if they mind if i smoke..lol

and how would i check the ICP???
Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks like all you need is a new switch, you can check with TS Performance, or if your looking to get it reburned, and it possibly could be a 6 position chip, then any of the tuners should be able to hook you up with a switch.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Truck doesn't have a wastegate.

Automatic or manual tranny? What are your RPMs at, say, 65 MPH? What's the axle code on the door jamb sticker?

Looks like you have a cab-and-chassis with the narrow dually axle. IIRC, _some_ of those were issue with crazy high diff ratios, like 4.90 or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.