Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What could it be?!

1K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  101kkl99 
#1 ·
So this morning I took off for work and didn't let my truck warm up as long as I usually do and when I got on it a little it acts like its starving for fuel and it misses and puffs some white smoke!

Also don't have it turned up at all currently set at stock

What could it be?

#2 ·
Codes? It could easily be a fuel pump problem in which case you don't want to drive it until you have restored fuel pressure

Sent from my DROID BIONIC against my will

#3 ·
Ok I guess it doesn't turn on the check engine light or anything so would there still be a code?

#4 ·
There could be but if its a fuel pressure issue it won't throw one. Put a gauge on the schrader valve on the fuel bowl and see what it reads

#5 ·
Ok I guess I'm not sure if we have one at work or not but I'll check....what should it read? And how exactly do I do it after I get the tool?

#6 ·
You need to read at least 50 psi at all times. You'll screw one end on to the schraeder and you'll need to route the gauge to where you can see it while driving

#7 ·
Ok thanks but why doesn't it do it after its warm and just when it's cold?

#9 ·
It's like 40 or 50 in the morning I'm thinking maybe an injector or injector O rings?

#10 ·
could also be an injector so if you have easy access to a scanner you could do a cylinder contribution test but I recommended the fuel pressure because its a fairly cheap and easy test to do.

#11 ·
Ok well I'll get that done first then thanks for the idea

#13 ·
Alright why is that?

#15 ·
O alright good to know I heard something about the needle just bouncing thought maybe that was why

#17 ·
Another guy that knows his stuff just told me its cam position sensor?

#19 ·
Yes I guess I don't really think that's it anyways

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.