Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

someone please help gauges work but????

819 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  madpogue 
#1 ·
ok so i had to take my needles off of my fuel, voltz, oil, and temp to change the faces, idk what happened but i cant get them to read right now :/ :dunno:

#2 ·
you didnt reset them right apparently. The best way to do it is to have it all apart and then plug them in, turn on the key and set them to their zero positions. The fuel is gonna have to be a guess or use an empty or full tank

#5 · (Edited)
Voltage is going to be tough to get right also. Will have to set temp with cold engine unless you know where it normally runs with engine up to temp.

#6 ·
Voltage - Start the truck, and while the GPs are still running, set the needle a little left of center. Leave it running for aprx. 2 minutes. If it swings to a little right of center when the GPs cycle off, then that's about as accurate as it was in the first place.
Oil - Start the truck and set the needle a little right of center. Shut the truck off, and it should drop to zero. It's always only gonna be in one of those two positions; it's not a real gauge.
Fuel - guess you'll have to start with a full tank as mentioned, set the needle to F, and drive/fill by the trip meter for a while, and adjust as necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.