A/C Compressor??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A/C Compressor???

It's a long story....Currantly, while truck is running, there is a clicking sound every 4 to 5 mins. It is the A/C Compressor, The pully stops and the belt drags across it then it clicks and the pully spins. The heat is on and there is frost on the accumalotor. I turnd on A/c to max, cold air is despensing and more frost is accumataling on accumalator and tube. I dont think it is correct for the a/c compressor pully to stop, so I turn off the engine.
In Dec 2011 the bracket that hold the powersteering pump broke. I replaced the bracket, power steering pump, pully, ilder pullies, tensioner, and belt. Drove the thuck almost daily. No problems.
Jan 2012. Wife drove the truck 6 miles and it died. she could get it started, but it would die as soon as she tried to move. Even just trying to idle it to the shoulder. Tow truck driver couldn't get it started. 9 hours later I come home and verify that their is nothing noticeably wrong it started right up. I got in the drive way, power braked it in the snow shut it down and for the last week we had to deal with snow, ice and power outage.
Today I started the truck and noticed the A/C Compressor pully. Note: The fan for the defrost, A/C, Heat began to work intermiditly the week before the truck stalled.
I'm thinking of trying a hot shot of freon and looking into the regulator for far conrtol. I don't think it is good that the serpentine belt drags across the A/C Pully. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 PM

I replaced the a/c clutch and the Fan resistor. The fan does not come on. compressor pully dosn't lock up or engage. I have the air gap at .020. Checked fuses under dash and all are good. Thinking next is try a hot shot and replace blower motor.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:13 PM

I replace the blower switch and blower worked.....for a few minutes. Replace the blower motor and all seems ok. I can't wrap my head around why the engine shut down and wouldn't stay running. I went and changed th CPS. I drove the truck 60 miles round trip to work and back with no problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.