Interesting issue see if u can help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Interesting issue see if u can help

ok so my truck is a 1996 xl crew cab f350 7.3ps 4x4 longbed truck now my issue lies in actually putting fuel in my truck i open the fuel door remove the fuel cap and start to pump fuel in but if i fuel up any faster than a slow creep on the handle it will spill fuel all over the side of my truck and this is on both front and rear tanks now the front tank i can remove what i figure is a vent (similar to a pcv valve) ontop of the tank and i can fill up just fine i cant do that on the back tank. so i have replace the fuel necks and still no luck i hate taking 20 min to fill half of a tank and i hate having to crawl under the truck to make it go faster so if anyone has any ideas please help id take the bed off reight now and inspect everything but its winter here and snow and ice and crap its just to cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd like to know also, was up in Wisconsin the last couple days any their low volume pumps weren't working right only bout 2* so they told me to fuel with the high volume semi pumps...i ended up freezing my a#% off cuz i could just barely let it dribble in to prevent it from spewing all over...i'd like to find a fix also
Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Hutch Mod Web Page
Harpoon MOD

I know the 99+ trucks are slow to fill due to an "engineering flaw". The vent tube sticks down too far into the tank, therefore, when you get 3/4 of the way full, the fuel runs back up the filler neck because the vent tube is closed by fuel. This mod alleviates the problem. Not sure if ya'lls filling problem starts @ 3/4 full or not, but this might help.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It could be a couple of things but I know on my old mans truck it seems the filler neck is crimped a bit and doesnt let air go out like it should. Idk how much you know about the system but its a twin tube setup where the diesel goes down the middle tube the air rushes back out past it in the other tube. I havent gotten to try this yet but i was actually going to cut a small hole in the top of the outer tube to let air escape before the crimp in the hose. With any luck this helps your issue
Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 PM

thanks guys im gunna try a few things when it warms up alittle my trucks to tall to fit in the garage and my shops packed right now so ill keep u posted as for now looks like im gunna be crawling underneath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.