Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel filter housing leaking

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  storkerlovr 
#1 ·
Hello! First post...

I have a 95 psd. Fuel is spewing out of the fuel filter housing at the top where the filter gasket is. I didnt think the housing was very pressurized. What would cause this? the gasket and fuel filter are new and seated properly. The truck starts and runs. Could it be cracked? It doesn't just leak from 1 spot.

#4 ·
try replacing the gasket, i had this problem when i used the filter that was seperated from the lid, your only suppose to use the gasket once. try replacing the gasket and go from there, if you are using the filter that is attached to the lid, try tightening it with a 1/2 inch ratchet and replacing it all together. I also experienced a warped lid once that wouldn't properly seal. ALSO if you are replacing the gasket, there will be a pointy side and a flat side, the flat side goes in downward and first into the groove on the fuel bowl and then the cap, dont try putting the gasket on the cap then on the housing.

#5 ·
haha that gasket has to be put on there just right. try turning it over.

lift pump psi is anywhere from 40 - to about 65

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.