No Crank, No Start, NO Nothing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question No Crank, No Start, NO Nothing

been a while since ive been on here but i have a problem here. i have a buddies 97 f350 psd here and over the past week it has just gone down hill. last weekend the truck was running fine then we went out to the truck and it cranked for a while didnt start gave it a few second and cranked again and about the third or forth time the truck finally started. threw out the week it happened about once or twice and would start. we went out to the truck this weekend and went to go somewhere and there was nothing no door chime no indicators on in the dash and no dome lamp. the batteries had drained to nothing and the truck would do a thing. so we charged the batteries and all the truck would do is the starter solenoid would click. so we went and got a solenoid and replaced it and it did the same thing wouldnt start wouldnt crank it did nothing. the glow plug solenoid was bad to so we replaced that. now after we replaced both of those nothing happened and the wait to start light would not come on so i checked the fuse 22 and it was fine so it wasnt the fuel blow heater fuse that was the problem but the 2nd relay was clicking too.... we replaced the relay because it was going crazy clicking back and forth randomly. the wait to start light flashs randomly now but doesnt say on long and the truck still does nothing. i scaned the truck for codes and no codes came up.

so this is what has been replaced and checked:

-starter solenoid
-glow plug solenoid/relay
-fuse 22
-2nd relay (under the hood)

* the wait to start light flashes randomly but doesnt stay on for long*

i dont know if a cps would cause this or not it seems to be electrical some where because its not doing anything at all when you go to start it i dont know how to tell if the ipc is good or not but the connector looked clean and it was a tight fit on the prongs. im really stumped now im taking the batteries tomarrow to be tested to see if maybe the batteries just went out but im not sure i think its something more so any help would be great.

thank alot in advance for any help!

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like the batteries are done for to me
Old 09-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well im down here in jacksonville nc and it rained from sun up to sun down just about with no stop in the rain didnt get to take the batteries get tested bull ill try to take them tommarrow thanks for the reply 95dieselsmoke
Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i got the batteries tested finally after 4 days of straight rain and being stranded at the house no way out sept for a canoe. the batteries tested fine said everything checked out good but they were low on charge so i put them on charge till they were both fully charged and nothing happened still i pulled the starter out for sh*ts and giggles to have it tested the start brushes are going so i have ordered a 99-03 superduty starter because they are cheaper and will bolt up pretty easy. im not sure whats going on now...... we are in the process of putting a banks intercooler in now seeing how its been in the den for 2 weeks now so we are going to put that in and put it all back together and go from there it still seems like and eletrical problem to me because its not cranking its not doing anything. i did take and connect the batteries directly to the start and all that happen was the starter solenoid and starter relay clicked they are both brand new parts. anyway anyone got ideas shoot them this way thanks guys.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bump bump anyone got ideas?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My first thought was batteries but you say you had them tested. What amperage did they test out to? If not batteries I'd start looking at battery cables, ground cable and their connections.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i am having pretty much the same problem and have not figured it out yet.. let me know if you do thanks and good luck
Old 10-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well once again more bad news....

i replaced the starter and still nothing go figure. the starter sounds like it is trying to engage but its not turning over. also the third relay down in the box under the hood if your standing on the driver side is ticking it sounds like and old wined up kitchen timer. its not a clicking like a starter solenoid click but a softer almost buzzing sound. maybe a glow plug control moducle? whould that cause it not to start? i have had enough for the night i will be trying to turn the motor over tomarrow by hand by the flywheel to see if maybe a hydrostatic lock some how occured but that doubt full but im running out of ideas....

ANYONE got idea let me know. thanks

Dan
Old 10-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Have you checked your battery cables, ground? I had hard starting also and found a bunch of problems one of witch was a half broke ground wire.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
dude,check the ignition switch.i dont know how,but try to get it to turn over without the ignition switch...I.E hotwire it!!!! i bet you its in the switch if you have done all that other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.