Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck goes into limp mode at 35-45 mph. Help!

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Taylorzs093@gmail.com 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a 1996 f250 7.3 with a zf5. I just recently got running. Took it down the highway for the first time last night. The truck has a efuel system I made, runs at about 65 psi. New dark blue cps. New fuel selector valve (Fsv2a) It's cold up here, maybe 20 degrees, I'm running 10w-30. Ohm out the uvch and they were good, glow plug relay was good. 1 weak battery I think. Anyways when I drive around my road or around the neighborhood I'm only going maybe 30 and it runs fine. Last night when I hit about 35-45 I felt the truck jolt and severely lost power accompanied with a check engine light. I could turn the truck off and back on and it would reset, did that about 4 times. The last time I monitored the icp and ipr. It was strange I had it to the floor and wasn't going anywhere but the icp readout would go up as I pushed the pedal down (maybe 2800 psi max) and the ipr would go up as I pushed the accelerator down too. But I would barely go anywhere, I was struggling to reach 40 when it happens. I do know my icp sensor has oil in it, it sure it's on its way out. When I unplugged it while it was running it didn't change the idle or anything. I didn't even hear a change or skip when I initially unplugged it before the default kicked in like I did with my 6.0 powerstroke. And for some reason I can't read the code with my scanner, it doesn't show it exists. What do ya guys think? Ipr, icp hpop?? Thank yothe

#3 ·
Limp mode I need a zf5? Definitely need some help!

So I have a 1996 f250 with the zf5 4x4. I'm having an issue where my truck will run fine up until I hit around 40-50 mph. Usually right in that area a cel will illuminate and will run some sort of a limp mode situation. I'll build nearly no boost. Some things I've done are uvch, cps, tps, map, efuel (fuel pressure is good), pulled the whole engine harness (everything checked good). Some random things I've noticed are my icp has oil in it but I can unplug and plug it back in before the light and hear a change in idle. Once the cel kicks on and I unplug it I don't hear a change but it doesn't run any better. When I unplug the map sensor it'll kick on a light but it will run absolutely perfect, no limp mode and I can get up to speed and all. I've tried 3 different maps, same issue. Any ideas? Manual gauge for boost seems to be reading correct pressure but I could be mistaken. I'm at a loss. Any ideas? I don't know the code btw, AE hasn't shown up yet

#5 ·
What he said +10.

When my truck would through a P1211 code, it would go into limp mode until I turned the engine of and restarted it.

I will NEVER buy remand injectors again!

#9 ·
Truck rocks and surges at idle after injector change

Hello, I have a 1996 f250, 5 speed 4x4. The only slight mods I have that may pertain to this issue is a regulated return and a ts6 chip. The issue I?m having is I finally got my truck running after some gaskets and injector cups but it definitely had a miss. Ran a cct check and it came up with #4 injector fail. So I swapped that one out with a good spare I had on the shelf. Ran great for a couple days, smooth idle after all the air got out. I decided to run another cct test to ensure it cleared my problem. The truck would pass in stock setting but for some reason I ran it in my 75 tune and 140 tune. My #6 failed, so naturally I thought maybe it?s a bit weak and I swapped that one with another good one I had as a spare (injector armature measured .003). But I did swap the solenoid from my bad #4 injector to the #6 I just put in. Now the rpm surges at idle and has a slight rock at idle too. It?s been maybe 70 miles. I ran another cct test and #6 passes on stock but fails in 75-140 tunes it sounds strong when it drops out but it fails the second part of the cct test. My ipr at idle is 12-15 depending on my temp, icp is 580-680 idle. At wot my ipr % doesn?t go above 40-42 in hot tune, 38 in stock. Icp pressures 2400-2600 depending on the tune. My fuel pressure has always been 65 idle and nothing below 60-62 wot. Buzz tests all passed aswell. I?m kinda stumped, do you think that injector could also be bad or do you think the solenoid I took off of my bad #4 that I put on my #6 could be bad, because it idles similar just less bad. I?ve tried unplugging my icp, ebps, map and baro. No change in anything, I wasn?t going to try to unplug the oil temp sensor and coolant temp sensor, I heard occasionally they cause odd issues. Where would you start at exactly? I?m not entirely sure where to go from here. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.