Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No fuel Pressure!!

1K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  White95f250 
#1 ·
My truck has been down for 2 weeks, I have a 96' powerstroke, I live in Florida, the first cold day hit and truck wouldn't start.

I replaced glow plug and relay, still wouldn't start.
Replaced CPS, ICP sensor, still wouldn't start.
Replaced oil cooler gaskets(just to fix leak)

*Tested fuel pressure while cranking 10 psi*, Replaced fuel pump (old one looked new). still 10psi, but started(it was little warmer out), 12psi while running.
Took apart fuel pressure regulator, the return screen was all in pieces,
so i bought a whole new fuel bowl assembly w/ new pressure regulator & wiring harness.

Truck started, ran like half the cylinders were missing, I let it run for 5 minutes to try to clear the air out.
Truck stalled can't get it started now.
Fuel bowl is full of diesel, nothing coming out of schrader valve other then a little hiss of air.

Enjoy my maze of horrible spelling and sentencing. thank you.

See less See more
#3 ·
If you have air in the lines you will need to do some cranking to get it going. Once its going you will need to rev it up good and do a few pedal to the metal runs to clear it out.

I would check voltage to the GPR and check over the valve cover gaskets and wiring.

Does the tach move while cranking? Do you get a WTS light? Check every fuse too

#4 · (Edited)
fuses are all good, i get a wait to start light, turns off after 10 seconds, tach moves to 100 when cranking.
driver valve cover gasket deos have one burnt spot, and pin fell out, but its only for the glow plug, so one glow plug is down.

it cranks and wants to fire, just not getting enough fuel, all air, i charge the battery's twice and ran them down.

I should have left it running when i first had it started, i was just scared of damaging the engine it was knocking really bad a smoking white smoke, but i saw on youtube you just have to let it run to clear out air in fuel lines

#6 ·
I replaced the glow plugs, not worried about the one glow plug that is down.

Ok forget everything else i listed. I put on a new fuel pump, & new fuel bowl w/ regulator. The fuel bowl fills with fuel,(very slowly), i get 0 psi at fuel valve, i am somehow not getting any fuel pressure, screens in tank are clean.

I fully charge the batterys and only get 4 cranks before there dead so i cant seem to bleed air if that is the problem.

#10 · (Edited)
its always a possible, the fuel pump was bad out of the box, but my old fuel pump looked new too, so idk. (i bought the truck 6 months ago)

the spring should be fine, its a brand new pressure regulator, and it read same psi as old one.

is there a check valve anywhere, and fuel could be returning to fast back to tank?

or could the fuel selector valve be sucking air? (not sure where it is to check it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.