HELP!! OD LIGHT FLASHING AFTER TW INSTALL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP!! OD LIGHT FLASHING AFTER TW INSTALL

I NEED HELP BOYS!! I INSTALLED THE TW CHIP THURSDAY AND CLEANED THE TERMINALS CAREFULLY AND DID EVERYTHING TO SPECS. ALL THE POSITIONS WORKED NICELY ETC. TOOK IT FOR A TEST RUN AND ALL, THEN ON THE WAY HOME FROM MY DADS MY OD LIGHT KEPT FLASHING, AND OF COURSE NO OD ETC. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN.

I HAD AN EDGE EVO. FOR 4 YEARS IN IT AND I DON'T HOT-ROD OR PULL LOADS MUCH AND MY TRANNY HAS 150,000 ON IT, (TRUCK HAS 244,000). I KNOW MY TRANNY ISN'T EXACTLY BULLET PROOF RIGHT NOW AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN REALLY CAREFUL WITH IT, BUT WOULD THERE BE A CORRELATION BETWEEN THE TW CHIP AND NOW MY OD ISN'T WORKING? I'VE READ THE OTHER THREADS AND STUFF AND I PRAY IT ISN'T GOING OUT YET. WHAT DO I NEED TO LOOK FOR OR BE AWARE OF, JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO MESS WITH THE CHIP CONNECTION YET, IF THAT IS NOT IT.
ALSO, I HAVE BEEN RESETTING THE TRUCK BY DETACHING BATTERIES FOR 5 MINUTES HOPING THAT IT WOULD CLEAR UP THE SITUATION. BUT IT COMES BACK LIKE AFTER 15 MINUTES OF DRIVING. PM'ED RAUL AND THE WEB SITE AND NO ANSWER YET, HOPEFULLY SOON

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SETTING, THAT I CAN TELL, HAD IT ON ECON WHEN IT DID IT LAST NIGHT, AND DAILY TODAY.

I WILL TRY TO PUT IT ON STOCK WHEN I GET OFF WORK, TO SEE IF THAT TELLS ME ANYTHING.
ANY CERTAIN PLACE ON THE TERMINAL THE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL INFO COMES FROM THAT I NEED TO MAKE SURE IS CLEAN ENOUGH? ANYBODY HAD THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP, I WAS SO STOKED ABOUT GETTING THIS THING.

WILL THIS SHOW A CODE IF I CHECK IT?

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INFO YOU HAVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 AM

It might show a code but I'd take the chip out maybe it didnt seat correctly. Then see if your problems goes away. You never know maybe it was tuned wrong???
Mark
Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 AM

Is it just the OD light or is the speedo acting up and the brake light on? I belive you need to take it to a tranny shop. to have the trans codes pulled i dont think the OBD port has the capabilty to pull trans codes.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 PM

thank you for replying

yeah, i think it is the chip, going to try and send it back and then back to me. i'll like it when it works. the terminals couldn't be cleaned better and the stock program works fine. started to freak me out, but i don't think my tranny just started goin bad when i hooked up the chip. anyone had this happen?

i'm not mad, just kinda relieved it may not be by tranny.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM

It could be anything. You need to pull codes and see what is going on. The OBDII port does allow you to pull trans codes. Generic scanners will not be able to get the codes though.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM

your transmission is goin to explode... my old one had blown hydrolic lines, warped clutches, among other major issues and that damn light NEVER came on... seriously i bet its your tranny is chunkin codes because it doesnt recodnize the TW. if im correct the the TW tunes the tranny as well so i bet its just a false alarm. if not cough up the cash brother
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 AM

idk

at this point it's starting to do it all the time and i had to borrow my edge programmer back to clear the codes all the time. I had feeling like i'm doing it blindly, but i'm afraid i'll have to use all the money i've stored up to replace this damn thing.

"code1728 transmission slip error."

What all could this mean? or does it just mean i'm screwed?

called the guys at Total diesel and i'm not doubting them, just hoping that i don't put a new tranny in this thing and still have this problem, talk about an expensive stab in the dark!!!

want to get all this figured out so i can start whomping on the dang TW chip. ilike the very little time that i've got to play with it, but haven't really got to experiment. Dang you people with the bulletproof transmissions!!!!! Anyone got a E40D for a 4x4 sitting around i can slowly but surely rebuilt? Any ideas? i'm in central KY. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.