Tractor Pulling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tractor Pulling

Anyone here do any antique tractor pulls? Finally found the guy who bought my grandpa's Super M Farmall. Needs a lot of work, but worth it to me hope to be able to get it fixed up and do some pulls this year, but probably wont happen until next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2009, 08:49 PM
wriott

yeah i do, its alot of fun when everything goes good. not so much fun when stuff breaks, but it all turns it self around after you have a few beers to forget about the borken parts
Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Hate stupid people

Just a couple miles North of me is a town called Georgetown, ILL.....there is a fair during the first couple weeks of August and one night is Antique tractor pulling....always a good time.....most of the guys just bring in the oldest tractor they have and pulll with them
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM

My dad and I restore tractors as a hobby and I pull mine a little, I have a 49 M diesel and rite now we are working on a MV. If your into old Farmall's the Indiana IH collectors association summer show is some where in northern Indiana this year.......I think maybe in Portage???
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM

makes me want to get the Centour running again... but it may have to wait.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
wriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by highland512 View Post
My dad and I restore tractors as a hobby and I pull mine a little, I have a 49 M diesel and rite now we are working on a MV. If your into old Farmall's the Indiana IH collectors association summer show is some where in northern Indiana this year.......I think maybe in Portage???
Yeah it is in Portage. I have been looking for a SMDTA (Super M Diesel Torque Amplifier) to fix up and restore. I am currently working on my 1934 F-12 and my 1948 TD6. I am wondering how the TD6 would do in a tractor pull...
Old 03-27-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I'll have to check out that show. I probably wont have it ready to pulll this year, but will definately be ready next year. Would like to find a M diesel, but the one I am getting has a sentimental value. I'll start with that.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriott View Post
Yeah it is in Portage. I have been looking for a SMDTA (Super M Diesel Torque Amplifier) to fix up and restore. I am currently working on my 1934 F-12 and my 1948 TD6. I am wondering how the TD6 would do in a tractor pull...
I know where there is about three different ones I know they are a pain to find we search for three years to find one and once I found it I found four more. I once saw a Oliver Cletrac pull one time but it didn't do very well, it just didn't have enough weight. But I think a TD6 would have enough to do it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHwelk49 View Post
I'll have to check out that show. I probably wont have it ready to pulll this year, but will definately be ready next year. Would like to find a M diesel, but the one I am getting has a sentimental value. I'll start with that.
MD was the second tractor I restored and by fare one of my favorites.
Heres a picture of are diesel's. From left to right- '54 SW6-TA Diesel,'54 SM-TA Diesel,'49 M Diesel

Last edited by highland512; 03-27-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:58 PM

If you guy's don't mind the drive there is a show in Elnora In. that is diffently worth the trip last year we had almost 2200 tractors, plus steam engines, trucks, and hit and miss motors.
White River Valley Antique Association
Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
wriott

Quote:
If you guy's don't mind the drive there is a show in Elnora In. that is diffently worth the trip last year we had almost 2200 tractors, plus steam engines, trucks, and hit and miss motors.
White River Valley Antique Association
I hope thats not during the Mackinaw bridge crossing... if its not then i might consider on going
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.