Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Custom Intake/Zoodad

4K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  GM Duraturd 
#1 ·
I've been thinking all day and new ideas continue to grow, this is my idea I have so far for doing a custom intake.
YouTube - 1237328928

#5 ·
yeah I understand that.. but that will be your coolest/cleanest air that you will be able to get... you don't want to have to worry about water, rocks, snow and what not going right to your airfilter cause your tire is kicking it up...

#6 ·
Yeah, I think that's gonna be the best way to go. My Dad wants to make a differnent box outta Carbon Fiber, but F that, I want 100% air.

#10 ·
I dont off road, or go mudding. I'm a wussy. And the filter's not a 100W speaker lol

#11 ·
well I just thought that you wanted to have the tubbing run from the front bumper then just into the engine bay?? leaving the filter just pretty much open:dunno::doh: if not then never mind what I said :hehe:

#14 ·
WOW:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Thats what you need. never a need to replace.

Whats this whole keep it stock thing?
Making it a sleeper. But your intake is another thing on my maybe list, what kind is that, where did you get it from?
Do you have a ram air for it?

#12 ·

Thats what you need. never a need to replace.

Whats this whole keep it stock thing?

#15 ·
AFE stage 2, dry filter. I think they are 5 and some change. I got it at a local diesel shop

#16 ·
Holy s*** thats expensive as stink!

#18 ·
Hey its okay, I'm glad you made me laugh, and I'm sure you did too. I'm sorry that she got laid off, but your the man payin the bills anyway right?:nod:

#22 ·
that was my problem,water, and that filter will suck it up like a sponge, not do shoot down your plan, just trying to give you a heads up. heres a pic of my nbs,with diy napa. all is stock exept pipe,& filter, the only reason for the orange hose is i sold the stock one with the afe kit.

#23 ·
^^^ Just do this, its cheap, SAFE, and you are not using 6 feet of tubing, ot reroute your PAPER filter can suck up everything like a pump!

#24 ·
Just FYI, you don't have to "change a $50 filter every 3000 miles." I've got about 8k on the one i have now, i would have about 12k if i didn't crush my original.

#25 ·
The second idea about running it behind the grille is the better of the ideas you had. The fender well will destroy that filter, you'll end up puttin holes in the filter from rocks and other debris gettin slung off the tires. The bad part about the grille idea is that you wont be able to fit an IC in there.

#26 ·
Not meaning to hijack but I do have a quick question...I have an afe bruteforce dryflow intake and was wondering what I could use to clean the filter. Its dirty, it needs cleaning, its 60 new, and you dont have to re-oil it

#27 ·
If its permanent, hit it with the garden hose.

Jake, I've decided its on like donkey kong. Going AFE Stage 2 cold air or some similar sort, and MBRP 4" turbo back cat and muff delete. Dad is buying :)

#33 ·
Here Jake do some math, $489, plus $511

#35 ·
Yeah right, cause I still gotta put it all on and take the other **** off.

#38 ·
You guys have that much freakin money??? Damn. Why the hell do you still live in dayton then?

#39 ·
We used to, well he used to make a lot more than he does now, but people stopped building houses. Did you notice how my house was a lot newer than all of my neighbors? And I live in the only place in Dayton that's not ghetto lol

Don't forget whats in my basement.

#47 ·
Tyler does this mean your buying for this weekend?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.