TW tune selection on 96 F350 SRW zf5 truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 03:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question TW tune selection on 96 F350 SRW zf5 truck

So i have been trying to decide what tunes from Tony to get and cant completely decide. Is sled pull worth having with a manual or not. I have ruled out economy as from what i have read on here its not a good tune and i will just put daily in its place. I will be putting Rosewood stage 2 sticks and the TW chip in at the same time.(After i take the injectors out next weekend and have them upgrade them)

My truck has these upgrades done to it.
3 in. down pipe
I/C
stage 3 clutch
boost, egt, trans temp guages
sct programmer with custom tunes from local shop
CCV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im runnin Tony's tunes with my current setup. Stock, tow, heavy tow, street, extreme, & hi idle. I mostly use my pickup to pull my horse trailer. I probably run in tow 70% of the time, heavy tow if im buckin a head wind, and stock when I aint pullin. Street and extreme only get used if I need to throw alittle smoke at some of the local cummins cruisers, but they throw a CEL at wide open throttle so I probably need to upgrade my HPOP. Its pretty much just personal opinion I guess. If you get your tunes and don't like em or don't use some of em, just get it reburnt. Ive only ever had Tony's tunes but ive been more than happy with them.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:46 AM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it's all personal preference. you don't like what you have get them reburned. i have stock, daily, street, tow, heavy tow, race/. i spend almost all my time in tow. unless you are upgrading your turbo soon i would have the injectors detuned
Old 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yea I would stay away from the economy, it is worthless to me. Im either in daily or street 90% of the time.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:12 AM

Out of curiousity, what are the differences between daily and street tunes?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I get better mpg's in street tune than daily or economy. Economy is worthless as stated and the truck can't get out of it's own way if you were to pull out in traffic.

Street is easy on fuel in the lower rpm's and kicks in hard at the top. I like it because it prevents heavy smoking and I have the power when I need it. I'm running stock, daily, economy, street, tow, heavy tow. Thinking about sending it back for high idle and extreme to replace economy and daily. I'm averaging 18 in town and 22-23 on highway with the street tune.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:43 AM
the baconator

with bigger injectors you can definitely tell a difference between the tunes. with stock injectors not so much
Old 03-04-2014, 04:11 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back on here my computer crashed and i couldnt remember my password so i made a new one but anyways i just didnt know if the sled pull was worth getting with my truck being a five speed cuz it says it holds it in second gear for a automatic truck and i was thinking of maybe pulling at a few local fairs later down the road after efuel and d66. Terry i seen your comment on the detuning for the stock turbo, i am planning on upgrading to a d66 by the end of the summer when cash is available so i was gunna run my stock one for now my truck isnt my daily driver so i figure no big deal there for me i dont think.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:23 PM
the baconator

i think you're right. though be gentle on the stocker
Old 03-04-2014, 05:35 PM

I think i have seen on here that you dont want to go over like 32psi continuously with a stock turbo i may be wrong, and iam sure theres gunna be some getting into her a few times to see what its got haha. I think it will be ok the one on my truck only has like 40,000 mi. on it too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.