e fuel Conversion question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 05:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
e fuel Conversion question

I just got a 96 f350 that I absolutely love but had a bunch of fuel leaks to deal with. I decided since I wanted to modify it that I would might as well do the e fuel conversion. I ordered one from iratediesel and I really like how it's put together. Only problem is that there were absolutely no instructions and the one's on the website were seriously lacking any sort of detail. I went ahead and removed the fuel bowl and fuel pump. By following other conversions done by others I have been able to see what's what, but my only question it's I have two fuel lines that I have no idea where they are supposed to go. They run side by side along the front of the driver side head and go down between the ac compressor and the hpop reservoir and down the side of the motor. Any help is greatly appreciated guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2014, 02:51 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i believe you are talking about the supply and return from the tanks. one supplies fuel to the heads. the other takes the fuel from the FPR back to the tank.

i don't know how the Irate system is set up, but that's what i think your are talking about
Old 01-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Emergency Services

yeah I was kind of disappointed in Irates support after the sale, their instructions suck.
I have their kit on my truck but it definitely took some figuring out.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:52 AM

Hey thanks for the help that cleared it up terryknight. hey Sam did your kit come with stainless lines for everything because mine only had 4?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:14 AM
Emergency Services

the 4 stainless lines run to the heads, the rest are soft line.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:00 PM

Thanks sam, by the way can u please tell me how u got the driver side fitting on because I have been ripping my hair trying to figure out how. I took off the turbo but was not able to take off the pedestal because the passenger bolt was rounded out and the driver side one I totally cannot see, and I can't take off the collector because of the pedestal being the way and I can't loosen the up pipes because those bolts are rounded out as well. Everytime I tighten the fitting it just keeps banging the collector flange so now I'm stuck and frustrated as hell .
Old 01-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroker5073 View Post
Thanks sam, by the way can u please tell me how u got the driver side fitting on because I have been ripping my hair trying to figure out how. I took off the turbo but was not able to take off the pedestal because the passenger bolt was rounded out and the driver side one I totally cannot see, and I can't take off the collector because of the pedestal being the way and I can't loosen the up pipes because those bolts are rounded out as well. Everytime I tighten the fitting it just keeps banging the collector flange so now I'm stuck and frustrated as hell .
Try to get the pedestal off and that should help. The back driver side bolt is located somewhat in line with the bottom collector. You will need either a swivel socket or a swivel joint (no socket on the end). Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM

Well I ended up loosening up the up pipes to push the collector back enough to turn the rear driver side fitting. The up pipes were a real pain in the *** the all bolts were rounded on the top side of the up pipes where they connect to the exhaust manifold. I ended up just tacking them so I could loosen the nuts from under the truck. Now the only one I have left to do is the front driver side head one. It looks like I might have to move the compressor and bracket to get to it. I decided I'll just wait another day because my work schedule right now is 13 days straight and 1 off so I rather rest and wait another day. Thanks for any tips you guys have because I'm open to anything.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:20 AM
the baconator

to get to the drivers side front, you should unbolt the accessory bracket 4 11/16 bolts. take the belt off pull the whole assemble out of your way.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Emergency Services

yeah I pulled my turbo for the rear fittings and unbolted the whole accessory bracket and just pulled it forward enough to get the passenger side front one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.