Girl needs help choosing exhaust for 7.3!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Girl needs help choosing exhaust for 7.3!!!

Hey guys, so I have a 1997 7.3 Powerstroke, and I need help choosing an exhaust system. The truck belonged to my fiance', who joined the USMC and is at training right now. He gave it to me, and I'd like to surprise him with a new exhaust system when he gets back. I know it has a "chip" (that's what he calls it), that I can flip on and smoke people out haha, and it *might* have an air intake, but I'm not sure. I'd like to keep the exhaust tip on the right side...I know he mentioned an exhaust system that might improve MPGs, and increase power. I've read up on downpipe back, turbo-back, straight pipe, etc and I'm lost as to what would be the best. I want it loud, lots of black smoke if needed, and somewhat increase the power/efficiency if possible. He loves to hear the turbo spooling too...I am planning on having a local shop do all the work-should I order the parts myself or let them handle it? I have 3 weeks to get it done...let me know what you think, and how much it might cost. Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Winning DUHHH

Diamond Eye Performance....Cheap on Ebay....Only bad thing with the obs is you can only go to a 3.5" Dp, after that you can go as big as you want.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:03 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
3" down pipe and full 4 or 5 inch exhaust, I'd say 5", btw exhaust will not add smoke

Tell your fiancé semper fi, and it may be easy to order a kit from Amazon or eBay ($3-500) and just drop the truck and box of goodies off, btw usmc boot camp is 3 months if that's where he is
Old 12-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if your in a non emissions regulated state do 3-3.5 down pipe to 5 inch exhaust straight pipe. ( no mufflers no cat converter )
Old 12-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Continuing on their goal of serving diesel enthusiasts with first-to-market product, Superchips is now shipping its 2006 Ford Powerstroke Max Microtuner, part number 1706. Like our entire line of Powerstroke products, the 2006 model offers unparalleled horsepower and torque gains, dramatic improvements in drivability and throttle response, and enhanced shift quality and timing. No need to downshift while towing again, Superchips’ towing specific calibrations will provide more than enough power to get over that hill, tow your boat or haul your ride down to the track.

And with a 10 minute, no-tools required, installation – POWER HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER.
What they said. Not that I'm tryin to up in ur business n all, but do us a big favor here on the ORG and not roll coal, unless its on the drag/pulling track. Thats a stereotype we'd like to stay with the Cummins owners.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Premium Member

Hey girl just looked up mbrp exhaust and 4wheelparts has it for 375. Those guys do installs I think also so if u have one close look them up. I get parts from them and they have great prices

Old 12-18-2013, 05:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
3" down pipe and full 4 or 5 inch exhaust, I'd say 5", btw exhaust will not add smoke

Tell your fiancé semper fi, and it may be easy to order a kit from Amazon or eBay ($3-500) and just drop the truck and box of goodies off, btw usmc boot camp is 3 months if that's where he is
Yes, basic is 13 weeks. He is in his tenth week at PI. Thanks fo the info, I'm going to call a loal shop and get a quote to compare to online prices.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
What they said. Not that I'm tryin to up in ur business n all, but do us a big favor here on the ORG and not roll coal, unless its on the drag/pulling track. Thats a stereotype we'd like to stay with the Cummins owners.

I live in a small town-I can't go around blowing smoke at people, because I WILL run into them again black smoke is just a product of pulling into traffic or passing somebody. Maybe you could tell your Powerstroke buddies to back off tho-had to get limo tint to cut down on the stalkers...haven't had any problems with cummins owners, they are a bit more respectful around here.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:19 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I haven't been to PI in about 9 years now lol, but go with a 3" down pipe and no bigger for now, not like your running big hybrids and a huge hair dryer on that rig, and the 3" will already require some "modifying" to fit as is, but I bought my exhaust in sections anyway, Amazon has down pipe back 4" kits for $300 plus shipping, exhaust shop may want to tach some on top if they order it, and good luck with the shop, should take a pro no more than 3-4 hours to have it in there
Old 12-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Actually, it's the byproduct of having an inefficient engine.

Curious as to what you're getting at.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3, exhaust, powerstroke 7.3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.