Canadian Performance e4OD options? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Canadian Performance e4OD options?

I have been researching for a while now for a new tranny and torque converter for my truck. I have just under 400k on my truck which is sporting I believe to be the original stock tranny. I have looked at BD, and NAPC. Before everyone starts shouting John Wood and Brian's Truck Shop, there are logistical issues/costs to deal with bringing it over the border as well, so I would like to deal with a Canadian company, which is why I was originally looking towards a BD unit. If I was located in the States, there would be no question, buuut......... Anybody that has one in thier truck and lives north of the border, please let me know how difficult or easy it was to get one of their products up here.

My end goal is to be making in the neighbourhood of 450 hp with my daily driver/tow rig. I spend a fair amount of time in the mountains as well so lots of long pulls on a regular basis. I've done guages, e fuel, 1.0 turbine housing with wicked wheel 2 going in this weekend, less than a year on stock sticks, in addition to the mandatory exhaust and intake. Intercooler and chip coming as well, but right now the focus is tranny.

Thanks in advance to anyone providing insite.

Last edited by rednex3; 10-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 04:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

a lot of the bling billlet parts that the US shops use are TCS items from Langley
I have been in BD and their shop is pretty impressive. if I had the $$ and wanted a prebuilt that is probably where I would end up
Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 AM

We carry TCS Products as they are directly behind us in Langley, do you know what parts you are after?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

TCS stuff looks killer. I've been thinking of a prebuilt trans to limit the downtime.

Does anybody have one of NAPC's Heavy Hauler tranny in their OBS? How does it compare with BD's unit? Any particular reason the BD trans is so much more $?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 PM

I had a Napc heavy hauler 4r100 in my superduty. It seemed to work pretty awesome. Although when i sold the truck the guy called and told me it blew up when he was driving through alberta. I did not get my tdp chip reburned for the transmission so that could of been the cause.

If i got another auto built i would try to get it down south of the border.

Although wouldnt it be way more cost effective to swap in a zf-5. Even if you bought a brand new clutch, flywheel, master and slave cylinder assembly etc you would still spend a lot less than a built auto. Its bolt in too.

Last edited by sethc24; 10-30-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Will be watching this. Pondered the same and ended up swapping to ZF-5 and have been happy with it in my 97. Just bought a new to me 96 F250 SCSB 4X2 with E4OD all stock (62,000 kms) on truck am gonna swap in a D60 and also thinkin what to do with tranny.

jrc
Old 10-31-2013, 06:51 PM

I bought a 4r100 core so have been searching for parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.