2 or so questions, Milage help and odometer HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to bravenight
Question 2 or so questions, Milage help and odometer HELP

Hey Guys, Ok I have a 95 psd, Standerd trans, stock every thing, only mod done is the exhaust, down pipe and straight pipe to rear, 4 inch.35 inch procomps, stock gears 4:10

So my question is, I want to get some more power. And I am thinking to do such a thing Id need to change the turbo, and possibly now have to add a intercooler.
Id like to get more power as well increase my milage, i know to gain more power you must consume more fuel, but I have heard guys out there with ther rigs, pumping out some poney's and still getting 26 mpg or mroe, Right now My truck Im getting any where from 16 to 18 mpg.

the second question i want to ask is, when I go to reset my odometer, I want to pick up another one from the wreckers or where ever, So the question is, when I plug it into my rig, will it read my milage that I had befoer i switched or will it read the milage from where I got it from ?

Thanks Kz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

A turbo isn't a necessity to upgrade to get more power. First you'll want to get a gauges such as a pyrometer and boost gauge. Then an intake to help it breathe. After that you can get a chip for it which will give it a very noticeable increase in power. If you do a lot of heavy towing an intercooler would be good to keep EGTs down. If you still want more a set of Stage I injectors will give2-3 times the increase in power that the chip gave you. They will push the turbo to it's limits but as long as you keep it under about 28-30 psi of boost it will live.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:11 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blowinsmoke4life
Old 07-10-2008, 09:12 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

gauges , chip , open air filter ,will do all u want to do, 16-18 is about right for 95 model , a chip may help with that maybe up at least 3 i would think

the odometer will read whatever the mileage is on the one you buy , the truck doesnt hold the memory for that ,the instrument cluster does
Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 AM

Definately get a TW or DP Tuner chip...

If you are going to keep your stock injectors, which are very limiting on the OBS trucks (hint hint), then I would go with a 1.0 turbo housing, and an intercooler as well.

If you want to go bigger, keep your stock turbo, upgrade your injectors get an intercooler and see how you like that.

Of course... get your gauges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.