WW2, my results - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 09:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool WW2, my results

I just got done with a complete turbo rebuild. While I had it apart i installed a WW2, banks exhaust housing, and a EBP delete kit. I also had a brand new factory fuel system laying around so I put that on too. So before the new parts I could boost about 18-20 psi and it was a dog on the low end. Now it comes out of the hole like crazy. It will boost 16 psi just going through the gears normaly. I got 26 psi at max boost. Not too bad, especially at 8300 feet. I can hear and feel a big difference. I know getting some new fuel parts helped too. I am going to be towing a Jeep about 250 miles this weekend and I'll let everyone know how it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

How much of this is directly from the WW2, would have been interesting to see results stock vs, banks housing with stock wheel, stock housing with WW2 and then the final product. I am debating the WW2 for my truck as well.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 AM

I don't think that I gained a lot or any boost from the Banks exhaust housing. It sure helped it spool faster though. The way I understand it, the Banks housing is a .84 instead of a 1.0 housing. It will not move as many cfms but will move exhaust faster making the turbo spool faster. And with stage 1 or stage 2 sticks, I will have to put the stock exhaust housing back on. I think I gained some boost fixing the old crappy fuel sysem. I think the WW2 did give me more power and more power in different rpm ranges. I sure do like it. Towing this weekend will be the true test.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I wanna hear who u like this wheel. I'm just worried though it would give me more response and more power but even more boost. I already peg 30psi boost gauge so I don't need more boost
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM

I changed so much its really hard to tell. I think that it helped on the low end as well as giving me more boost. I know with the Banks housing its going to be hard to tell for sure. The truck really boost fast now. I took it up a real steep hill just to lug the engine down, than I floored it. The trans dowshifted and Wow. It shot up to like 22 psi within just a couple seconds. Boost come on strong and it held through the rpm range. From a dead stand still i spun both the rear tires (35"s), thats something it never did before. With the cost of the wheel being pretty cheap, I would say to try it.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

How are your EGT's?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:34 AM

Holding it at full boost, I still hit 1200-1300. I will see this weekend towing how it does. I need an intercooler bad.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Are you already running stage twos?? that surprisingly low
Old 10-09-2013, 11:38 AM

No, I still have the stock sticks. I want to install all the supporting mods before I move up to stage 2's.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If he has stage 2s id buy that Wheel tomarrow if he ran that temp only. I got some 180cc injectors and with a stock turbo ive seen for a blink 2k But I was flat to the mat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.