Beans electric fuel system question/problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Beans electric fuel system question/problem

Just got my beans fuel system for my 97. got it 99% of the way in but i got one maybe 2 problems... first of all it told me to run the line off the stock fitting in the head on the drivers side in the back, problem is the fitting in the head is leaking/loose and it needs at least another full turn to tighten enough. the turbo/manifold prevents me from doing this because of the size of the stock 90 degree fitting in the head. i was thinking about cutting the stock 90 off and just putting a regular size 90 degree fitting from the hardware store in but i dont even know if i could get that in there.... does anyone have any experience with this or know if im gonna be able to fit a 90 in there after i cut the stock one off?? also after the install i still have not gotten my truck to start... is that just caused by the leaky line? ive cranked it over alot and still not even a pop. any advixe would be greatly appreciated im really in a pinch thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I cracked the very fitting you are speaking of when changing the donuts on my up pipes. I started my truck only to find a huge flood of fuel running all over my shop floor. I was able to get the broken one out with an easy out.

I went to a hardware store and found a brass 90 degree fitting but, it was way to larger to turn without hitting the up pipe. So, i made about 15 trips to the belt sander,taking a little off at a time until it would turn. The good news is, I was able to make it work and didn't have to pull the up pipe clamp back off (you don't want to do that if possible).

I can send you a picture of what I came up with tomorrow if it would help.

Good luck, I know this job is a pain but, we're here with you!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:45 PM

yeah if you could do that it would be awesome if its not to big of a hassle for you. thanks alot!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:40 AM

It looks like I used a straight coupling, threaded on both ends to come out of the head and then a 90 degree fitting screwed on to the coupling. Then it looks like I used another straight coupling to come out of the 90 degree fitting. You can see how I had to grind on the up pipe housing to be able to thread the 90 degree brass fitting onto the straight coupling.
Attached Thumbnails
Beans electric fuel system question/problem-dsc01524.jpg  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Here's one from the top so you can see how I did it. You can see how I had to sand the 90 degree fitting so it would just clear the up pipe housing. I was wondering how much wall thickness i have left after all the sanding but, so far, so good.
Attached Thumbnails
Beans electric fuel system question/problem-dsc01526.jpg  
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 AM

Thanks alot!!! looks like thats what imma be doing. hope i dont eff somethin up lol. Thanks alot for taking the time to get the pictures for me. now at least i have an idea what im doing and know it can be done lol. Thank you again i will let ya know and maybe post a picture of what i end up doing on tuesday
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM

Best of luck.

It's no fun but, it can be done!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:42 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
stupid question is there power to the pump?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:09 PM

yeah i can here the pump running and to start the return line was leaking and i can see the feed line to the head was leaking. i wired the plug(for now) to a constant 12v source so i plug it in and it is pumping before i even crank and it builds up pressure at the regulator. ive cranked it for at least 20 seconds and it doesnt even sound like it wants to fire
Old 10-06-2013, 02:11 PM

i fixed the leaky return line btw i just said that cause that way i knew fuel had pumped all the way through
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.