Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any BDP OBS fuel system reviews?

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  OBS Strokin 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am wanting to put a fuel system on my truck soon and been really looking at BDP's system. I am wanting stage III injectors eventually. I was just wondering if anyone has had this system and could give me some info on changes in accel and hp maybe? And also how hard the install was. Thanks!

#2 ·
It is a nice complete kit that installs easy, I put one on my truck before i researched about electric conversions, not trying to draw sales away from any company that makes kits for our trucks but for the price they are asking you can make two kits(depending where you buy parts)
If you are interested in making one use the search and you will find alot of write up about it.
Basically All you need is a pump, two filter bases a bracket to mount it to the frame, fuel pressure regulator(fuel lab or other), some hose and the kit off ebay to use the existing hard lines to the heads and banjo bolt it has a barbed fitting on the front you just run a line from the regulator to the barbed fitting.
After i bought my kit some of my buddys wanted them so we built them for their trucks

#4 ·
Oh ok good to know. Does not sound like it would be too hard to build. You would just have to purchase the regulated return kit right?

#5 ·
Obs trucks have a fuel turn line stock fuel goes in the back of the heads and out the front when you buy the fuel pressure regulator like a fuel lab or whatever brand you choose the return lines from both of the heads will hook up to each side of the regulator and regulates the fuel at 65ish psi (you will have to set it via the set screw on top of the regulator and then the fuel comes out the bottom and from there you can either run a new line all the way back or just hook it to the factory hard line that returns fuel back to the tank. When you buy the regulator make sure it is rated for that much psi You can buy them from jegs in different colors and psi ratings. As for the pump you can run whatever pump you choose if you not going huge on injector then super duty is your best bet beans use to use a walbro pump but they kept failing and stop taking warranty so they switched to a bosch 044 pump which is a really nice pump. If you google it you can find good comparison test on the pump vs many other pumps and it usually wins or is at the top of the list

#6 ·
The best bang for your buck on a pre assembled kit will be one from Marty's Diesel. He can make it with a stock pump al the way to an a1000. He also has the best instruction manual out there as this is what most kits lacks and people complain about. He uses Donaldson filter bases that are leak free over the WIX ones that are hit and miss. No hoses to blow between pump and filters. Google his name for his number and tell him frank sent you.

#7 ·
Ok cool! So I will do the regulated return also with the pump or should come with it? But do u adjust the pump for more fuel or the spring after u have the pump on?

#8 ·
that kit comes with a regulated return. u adjust the regulator to raise your pressure once the pump is pumping

#9 ·
Ah ok. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.