7.3 noob. performance parts. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3 noob. performance parts.

Okay, so, im looking at getting a truck. I could get a 420HP cummins, with some problems, or a more reliable 96 CC LB. BUT i would like the truck to be around 380-400 HP

I was looking around, and i cant seem to find any aftermarket turbos or kits. only IDI or 99+

So, if i got a 140 (lol) tuner, DDP stage 2 Injectors, and a new turbo (of course with free flowing air front and back), how much should i expect to gain???

And, can someone direct me to a bigger, better turbo for the truck?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

You can look at beansdieselperformance for the d66 turbo, that should work nicely with stage 2's. Another option is the hypermax h2 turbo kit.

With the mods to support stag 2's you should be in the 350 to 400 range.

You will probably need to upgrade the fuel system to an electric system, and the HPOP will need to be upgraded. Gauges are a must and a custom tuned chip would be best.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:02 PM

For that power range a set of hybrid injectors is gonig to be the best bang for the buck. You are going to need a new electric fuel pump/regulator/filter set up to supply that kind of fuel though. I'd go for something along the lines of a Hypermax H2E turbo or similar. For the power output you are looking for it's going to be much more efficient and durable than the D66. Also with that mounting kit you have a few more options of other turbos that will fit it as well. You'll need to get the standard exhaust with down pipe, intake and gauges as well. Also the transmission won't stand a chance with that kind of power so figure on spending a good $4000 or a touch more for a BTS transmission.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 AM

damn.. Maybe i should get the cummins... Thats a lot of work (but what did i expect)
Old 06-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSMOKIN View Post
Okay, so, im looking at getting a truck. I could get a 420HP cummins, with some problems, or a more reliable 96 CC LB. BUT i would like the truck to be around 380-400 HP

I was looking around, and i cant seem to find any aftermarket turbos or kits. only IDI or 99+

So, if i got a 140 (lol) tuner, DDP stage 2 Injectors, and a new turbo (of course with free flowing air front and back), how much should i expect to gain???

And, can someone direct me to a bigger, better turbo for the truck?

Thanks!
Here is a good recipe for 400+ on a OBS

Quote:
13.83 @ 98.51, 2.17 60 ft.
433/892
"DOMINATOR 66"
Casserly's stage two's
TDP Tunes
BDP "RDRCM" custom fuel system!!

How much money are you looking to spend? I know of a 500+ 97 c/c 4x4 with a tic over 100k on it, that is built to the hilt, but it won't come cheap, but its worth every penny...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:37 AM

Stuff like the tranny is going to need to be addressed weather you get a Ford or a Dodge. But if the Dodge already has it then you're ahead there. It all depends on the price of each too. How much if any more is the Dodge? If it's a fair bit more money then you have to figure the cost of the Ford and the parts vs the Dodge that's already built.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:31 PM

dodge = cheaper
Old 06-14-2008, 02:48 AM
Shaking the Bush Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSMOKIN View Post
dodge = cheaper

Do you know who built the cummins? Do you know exactly what parts were used in the build? Is the current owner someone that just threw alot of money at the engine, and someone who you trust to be straight up about the problems it has?
Its always easier to buy someones elses "hot rod". and problems than doing it yourself. Eaiser and cheaper sometimes isnt the best way.
Just my two cents. I understand not everyone has deep pockets just to go out and build a 400-500 hp motor.
Good Luck with which ever route you take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.