Stage 1, 1.5 or stage 2 injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stage 1, 1.5 or stage 2 injectors?

I'm putting together an intercooler kit and a 17* HPOP in the next few weeks. When I get back from elk season I'm hoping to order some injectors. I tow my Jeep and other projects. Otherwise like to haul ***. I'd like the tunes to actually be faster each level I place it, unlike with the stock injectors the tuning just changes the shift points and pedal sensitivity. As it is now, there's no difference I can tell between the Daily Driver and Sport, and Extreme actually makes less boost than either one.

I see the stage 1s are higher capacity with stock nozzles. I understand these will work well with my stock turbo (with a WW2).

The stage 1.5 are 30% over nozzles, 2s are 80% over nozzles. I assume this means they will flow that percent over stock. Will these be too much for the stock turbo at the higher levels?

I understand stage 1s will perform just like stock with stock tuning because of the nozzles. Does the 80% over mean that the stage 2s will be a much higher bump even with stock Wildman tuning?

What can I expect for performance with the 3 options?

Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 09:40 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You are correct, 30%/80% is referring to nozzle size and now much they flow over stock nozzles. If you are staying with a stock turbo I would get anything over the 30% nozzles or EGTs will be high and your truck will smoke like train. The stock turbo will last but it will be on borrowed time. Remember any upgrade is going to put strain on the turbo with high EBP. Stage 1.5/2's will require a upgraded turbo.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:41 PM
RollinEarly05...now

I see your from Beaverton... Is that Beaverton Oregon? If so, check out the CCR thread.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:16 PM

i have AC codes/ stage ones in the truck in my sig, and it is night and day compred to stock injectors. the truck will do whatever i want it to and still get good fuel mileage.
i also have a 96 crew cab long bed 4x4 with rosewood 1.5 with pretty much the same mods as the truck in my sig other than an innercooler and a 1.0 turbine housing. and the truck will flat out run. egts are manageable. i went with the larger nozzles on this truck because i wanted a little more power to get the land yacht moving, and it does move now. im happy with how the truck runs. im saving up for bellowed up pipes and a ww2 for it now.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:37 PM
RollinEarly05...now

The OP doesn't have an upgraded housing or an intercooler... So I think the stage one injectors would be his limit otherwise his EGTs are going to be hard to manage while hailing arse...right? Plus that truck would smoke a lot before spool up and WOT.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
I see your from Beaverton... Is that Beaverton Oregon? If so, check out the CCR thread.

Oregon it is. What is CCR?

I'll be intercooled here in a few weeks. High EGTS are unacceptable when in daily or tow tune. I pull large hills running down south for the races, and really dislike not keeping up with traffic.

You think with being intercooled and having the billet wheel I'll have trouble with the 1.5s?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Check out the links in my signature for our group.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-15-2013, 09:25 AM

AH, must be Coal Rollers? I'll check it out.

I have sigs turned off because of the guys with sig pics the size of movie posters...
Old 09-15-2013, 11:23 AM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
unless you are sure you do not ever want more power, get the 2's. you can always have your tuner can pull fuel to manage EGTs. i had 160/100 injectors, stock turbo, IC, and TW tunes. ran that way for 15K miles pulled a trailer cross country. EGTs never got over 1250.

now i have upgraded my turbo to a D66 with a WW2 and a 1.0 housing, and new tunes. IMO a D66 needs a smaller housing or you will have excessive smoke and high EGTs. you'll like 1's or 2's, but don't tow without an IC
Old 09-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Agree, just go stage 2, intercool it, and discuss options with your tuner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.