THE EDGE CAME!!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THE EDGE CAME!!!!!!

I just wanted to let yall know my edge evolution came in yesterday and i LOVE IT!!! i know i know nothing compared to a TW chip but i really cant afford a wildman anytime soon. anyway see im used to driving my slooooooooow manual granny geared obs 7.3, so once i put the edge on extreme it REALLY woke my truck up! and finally i can throw some smoke. from what ive heard people say about the TW i can only imagine what it would be like have one of those! oh well sooner or later anyway just needed to release some excitement.

btw i did the 0-60 time on the programmer and it was a screaming 15.07!!!!!!

(i thought it was good )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 11:56 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPSD9673 View Post
I just wanted to let yall know my edge evolution came in yesterday and i LOVE IT!!! i know i know nothing compared to a TW chip but i really cant afford a wildman anytime soon. anyway see im used to driving my slooooooooow manual granny geared obs 7.3, so once i put the edge on extreme it REALLY woke my truck up! and finally i can throw some smoke. from what ive heard people say about the TW i can only imagine what it would be like have one of those! oh well sooner or later anyway just needed to release some excitement.

btw i did the 0-60 time on the programmer and it was a screaming 15.07!!!!!!

(i thought it was good )

realy? my edge on my 5spd obs says 20 sec @ 75 mph?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 AM

hmmm nope it was a 0-60 test. im not sure if 15.07 is good or not for a 12yr old truck with my mods listed below???? i guess it is but oh well anything is fast to me after drivin that truck w/ no chip lol btw yours did a 0-75 test???
Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Maybe it was a 1/4 time?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Big K Send a message via MSN to Big K Send a message via Yahoo to Big K
Edge is VERY low on power compared to a TW Chip or even a DPT chip, or hell ANY CHIP.

You should have saved your money for a REAL Chip.

Sorry, but the EDGE on the OBS trucks are a JOKE.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:27 PM

eh its good for the price i paid oh and 2 days after i get it 2 people on here are selling ts chips for $200!!!! thats some bad luck
Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big K View Post
Edge is VERY low on power compared to a TW Chip or even a DPT chip, or hell ANY CHIP.

You should have saved your money for a REAL Chip.

Sorry, but the EDGE on the OBS trucks are a JOKE.
i agree, and disagree at the same time with your post. yes it is low on power compared to the TW chip. but a joke on the OBS trucks? i wouldn't consider it a joke...? it does everything i need it to as far as giving me the extra power for towing and scanning diagnostics. And i know it will come up on this thread sooner or later, so i will say it now. the edge has never messed with my tranny. been installed for 40K+ miles now and never gave me any problems.(slipping,excess in temperatures) maybe just because i have a transgo shiftkit? maybe i'm wrong, but i think just MAYBE the people that said the edge ate their tranny had a weak tranny to begin with? IMO i think the edge is a good out of the box programmer.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Big K Send a message via MSN to Big K Send a message via Yahoo to Big K
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPSD9673 View Post
eh its good for the price i paid oh and 2 days after i get it 2 people on here are selling ts chips for $200!!!! thats some bad luck
Yeap, considering I have TS Chip sale for $100 that no one would buy

Last edited by Big K; 06-18-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dieselsmoke View Post
i agree, and disagree at the same time with your post. yes it is low on power compared to the TW chip. but a joke on the OBS trucks? i wouldn't consider it a joke...? it does everything i need it to as far as giving me the extra power for towing and scanning diagnostics. And i know it will come up on this thread sooner or later, so i will say it now. the edge has never messed with my tranny. been installed for 40K+ miles now and never gave me any problems.(slipping,excess in temperatures) maybe just because i have a transgo shiftkit? maybe i'm wrong, but i think just MAYBE the people that said the edge ate their tranny had a weak tranny to begin with? IMO i think the edge is a good out of the box programmer.
10K MOD + IDM MOD > Edge by itself.

It is VERY low on power and I dont' think anyone with a OBS should ever buy one, just a waste of money.

Yeap, If they are adding an EDGE and they say it ATE their tranny, it was weak to begin with.

Programmers do not belong on OBS trucks, I don't know HOW many times I have said this over and over again.

If you want the MOST out of and the BEST running OBS, you HAVE to get a CHIP, there is NO way around it.

Chip for 7.3's
Programmers for 6.0's and 6.4's
Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM

ill get there eventually but man i cant believe i could of bought a ts!!!!! that only makes me mad because i could have lived with the ts and when the next pay check came in i would have only had to pay like 150 for a real tw reburn!!!!! but now i gotta buy the whole thing down the road. oh well too late now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.