4 gauges on pillar - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4 gauges on pillar

is there a way to get 4 gauges on the pillar like using 2 2gauge pods i want to have the norm boost and pyro but id also like to have oil pres and water temp since the factory ones are useless and these are pretty vital since ive lost engines to both over heating and low/no oil pressure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ya get a four gauge piller pod look at some of the sponser sites or dieselmanor.com
Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well ive never seen a 4 gauge pod for an 94-97 osb truck only 2 and 3 and ive looked at quite a few web sites so if somone could piont me in the right direction that would be great

the other option i see is just a half pillar 2 gauge pod and im wondering if i could just use 2 of those i dont really care if it looks perfect
Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 AM

oh gatcha i dident know they didnt have them for the osb
Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 AM

there should be one, but not sure Ebay is always a good place to do some research...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:31 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Unless you have to have them on the piler, look for some that go behind your miror. They are still very visable and are very unifit for most aplications.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:14 AM
cj41foleyisathief

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The only 4 gauge on the pillar that I have seen in a OBS was a 3 gauge with a single pod that got welded and sanded then repainted. It looked dam good.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 PM

I've got 6 on mine. I've got the normal 3 along with a drive pressure gauge and fuel pressure gauge. Plan on a dual intake air temp gauge so that I can test a couple different intercooler options but for now it's just got a plug with a chip switch in it. But it was competely custom made. IMHO if your oil pressure and engine temp gauges are working properly they are good enough. I've seen an engine overheat and the temp gauge worked fine as wel as I've seen the oil pressure drop to nothing and the gauge worked fine. Besides the fact that if you don't have oil pressure the engine won't run because the injectors are run off oil and the high pressure oil resivoir is the last place the oil goes after it lubes everything.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thats a good point on the oil pressure and yes my water temp works but my oil pressure stays pegged high with the key on but its the sender thats bad i would just prefer to have a gauge with numbers so i know whats up and it makes trouble shooting easier plus i can get warning gauges that have a lightand or beeper that comes on if the gauge goes out of range like if the water temp goes above 220 i will know right away even if im not paying attention or egts go above say 1500 while racing or towing or boost goes above 40 if it get the 66 so i dont damage the turbo
Old 06-01-2008, 09:55 PM

The pyro, boost and tranny warnings are not a bad idea. Especially on the pyro and boost being when those are getting up there you are getting on it and need to be watching the road. The engine temp isn't going to rise that fast and you should be checking your gauges a little more often than that to need a warning buzzer. But what ever works for you.

The oil pressure gauge is more or less a glorified dummy light. It's either on or off. I don't recall the amount of pressure it needs to turn on. But I know I had some issues with mine going bad awhile back and it freaked me out as it'd keep flickering when I'd be going down the road. I checked it with a mechanical gauge that I temporarily hooked up and found that the pressure was fine. Replaced the sending unit and it's fine now. But like I said no pressure no run so you can't really starve these things of oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.