First impressions rosewood 180/80 stage 2 injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First impressions rosewood 180/80 stage 2 injectors

You can read it from everyone else, but until you feel the difference injectors make in an obs, you haven't lived. I still can't wipe the smile off my face. My tunes were updated by Jody at dp tuner, they have tons of power, all is great, he is going to adjust the shift pressure a bit for me. I had him turn it down before, and with all this power now the the easier shifts shifts flare in 3rd and od. I haven't even used 120 race, and haven't bought 140 extreme yet. However, 80 economy screams!! Lol. My only issues now are egt control, (I saw 1500 briefly romping on it) and my stock turbo must hate 40psi.im going going to easy on it. I'm going to hook up ae this week and see how my hpop is holding out.

The turbo does clean up pretty good though, once it lights I have a mild haze. I can't get over how I can roll on the throttle in od, and very quickly go from 90-140km/h. Passing is laughable now. The truck sounds mean as hell to, I think I am still working the air out of the system, it's got a mild lope sound at idle that Imo sounds pretty bad ***. Under full throttle it sounds like a tractor puller with with the scream of hot air coming out the pipe .

I have input on fuel mileage yet, it's going to be bad for a few tanks lol.

Slimline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 06:15 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sounds awesome, I want to upgrade mine here soon, and 40psi on a stock turbo will kill it sooner than later
Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 AM

Yeah, I know about about the turbo, it generally seems to pin 30-35 unless I stay into it for a bit then it hits 40, but by that time my egts are out of control and I back back off anyway. I'm looking into a diy water meth setup, that should help egts a lot loaded and unloaded.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:48 AM

in my obs wiht my beans stage I 160cc injectors i could peg my 35psi gauge with ease wiht the stock turbo. 3 months later the stock turbo was done with that. might as well start saving for a new turbo now cuz youre definately going to need it.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:53 AM

Lol don't tell me that, my wife will kill me. Maybe I should rebuild it, help it last longer?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:55 AM

imo no sense in taking that one off to rebuild it when youre halfway done with a new turbo install. lol

only way to make it last is dont go over about half throttle, and keep boost down under 25psi.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDiesel View Post
imo no sense in taking that one off to rebuild it when youre halfway done with a new turbo install. lol

only way to make it last is dont go over about half throttle, and keep boost down under 25psi.
yep 100% agree, 30 is MAX on that/our turbo (i've got E99 so basicly the same)....another thing if you dont have it is an intercooler
Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wouldn't a ww2 be better for that kind of psi
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Issue is the bearings......

Great turbo for those Inj's but expensive is a modded H2e kit..
Old 08-13-2013, 09:42 AM

Yeah, my fund is already started. I need this one to last about 8 months ideally if not longer. I am gonna have to really behave. I have been looking into the diy d66 turbo option, there is a thread about it, costing around 700 bucks or so. From what I have read the ww2 increases boost, I definitely don't have an issue spooling or lack of boost. An intercooler is most definitely on my to do list. I need to source an affordable e99 spyder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.