HELP boost gauge questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stroken'n'smoken
HELP boost gauge questions

Ok so i bought an Autometer boost gauge, its the 2 inch pro comp one, Black face aluminum ring etc... My question is: The gauge reads 30 psi boost and i think 20 psi vac. i dont care about vac, i just want the boost part to work, so it came with a T fitting for a vac. line or map line i guess..... but i twisted the tube and effed it all up so i bought a boost gauge install kit that came with some fittings, so my options are at this point to 1. use the T fitting in a map line or some type of line or 2. drill and tap that tube that goes into the motor from the turbo, im gonna call it a boost tube since im uneducated..... What option do you guys reccomend i use... and if i use the T fitting in one of those lines, which line shall i use and where do i find it. and also if i do the boost tube option, is there anything at all i should know/ watch out for. for example, when i take it off to drill and tap it is there any precautions i should take, is there a gasket i will need to replace, is there any crazy junk thats gonna jump out at me when i take it off, am i going to eff sumthin up by taking it off.... so basically, other than the backlighting for the gauge and mounting it, how do i install a boost gauge lol, sorry for wasting your time by writing this short story.

oh by the way its going on a 97 powerstroke....

thanks guys
-Dicky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Just T it into the black rubber line going to the map sensor.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Use a T about 3" down from the MAP sensor. Make sure you teflon all fittings and tighten them down good.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to stroken'n'smoken
I finished it up yesterday afternoon, im assuming i got the right tube haha cause the gauge works now. it didnt come with hose clamps so i went and bought a few and a new section of tube cause the one on there looked a lil' crusty... but all in all it was good, thanks for all your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.