what turbo / injector combo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what turbo / injector combo

i think a d66 is all i could see myself getting due to the huge cost of a h2e and im wondering if i should stick with stg 2 or go with stg 3 hybrids. ive been doing alot of searching and ive read stg 3 are good with the h2e but to big for the d66 is this true or not i want to make 450whp and am trying to decide what to do i also want to be able to turn the smoke down for certain places but i assume thats all in the programming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

First off you need to describe the truck your modding, we have no info on what mods you have or what year make or model it is and thats important. Stage 2's and a D66 are good for about 400hp and the hybrid stage 3's and a d66 will put you arounf 450hp. The D66 likes stage 2's and boost numbers lower than 40psi, but tuning will help control all that. Tuning is probably the biggest factor in building power to the levels you want it. You could have a truck with stage 3 hybrids and the D66 and have a nasty fast truck and with the simple chance of your chip setting it turns into a mild truck. Hope this helps ya.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Hey subs welcome to the Org. I can't help you, but someone will get you an answer
Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Just like magic
Old 03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
lukecline

450rwhp is pushing the d66 turbo. You'd be better off with an h2e. You'll need a set of stage 3 hybrids to reach your goal and a set of head studs to keep the head gaskets in place. Also need an intercooler and a fuel system.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to psu927
Correct me if I am wrong, with stage 3's, you would need studs correct? But with stage 2's, (with d66, chip, fuel etc...) I probably wouldn't? Especially if I wouldn't be towing correct? I would imagine you could get about 415 HP out of 2's
Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I aint sure but I think Beans may void the warrenty on the D-66 if you go over stage 2s
Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Headstuds arent a bad idea if your going to be building some power, it might save you down the road with a headgasket job or other motor problems. The boost numbers your pushing will help determine if you need/want headstuds. As of right now I have my D66 wastegated at 32psi so I wount blow my gaskets. I like the D66, I'm satisfied with it and don't really have any desire at this point to go bigger. I don't have any experience with other aftermarket turbo's, but the D66 works for me and I like it.

Bean's might not like anything bigger than stage 2's on the turbo either and if you go bigger they might drop the warrenty, but thats a question for Bean himself not me.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sorry i knew people would need to know what my truck was and i just filled out my sig 95 f250 zf5 its all stock right now but that will change very soon because its pretty slow also is there a wright up on doing head studs id like to see how hard that is i know my friend with a dodge is also going to need them and to do his all you do is pull one bolt at a time and install the stud so you dont have to change the gasket is it the same with the ford

i would love to do an h2e and hybrids but then i would need studs and thats alot of money

things im definitly going to do are
guages boost pyro watertemp oilpressure 300
downpipe and 4in before the rear tire 200
intake 50
intercooler 500
17 hpop 350
some other nicnac stuff

so those are going to run me about 1.5k

things still up in the air are
injectors 800-1600
turbo 1200-2400
fuel system 1100
studs 600
tw chip 400
clutch 550-900

1. so could go 3 ways on the low side i get the d66, stg2, twchip, valair clutch thats an easy 3k

2. i could also do d66, hybrids, studs, twchip, valair would = about 4.5k

3. but if i really want to make power h2e, hybrids, fuel system, studs, tw plus ill proboly need a sbclutch so total would be about 7k thats a BIG jump in dollars

what would be the power diference between the 3

im guessing

1 350-400whp
2 400-450whp
3 500-500whp

am i close thanks what do you guys think also any other mods id need would be great because im sure i forgot 1 or 2

Last edited by subs1000w; 04-01-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.