Which Wildman Tunes??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow Which Wildman Tunes???

Im looking into getting Tony's burns on my TS chip and was wondering which are the "best" or most desired. Im looking for power, smoke and economy when I want it. Will his tunes fill my needs? From those who have his tunes already how does the truck run? I used to also have a Banks chip on my truck but ditched it. All my mods are in my sig and it all should be done in 2 weeks, hopefully, its hard finding time to work on the truck Im still a junior in high school. Im looking to out power my friends 92 cummins.

And about the banks intercooler... I have a plow package and it seems near impossible to fit both, Any others have this problem?

Thanks Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 02:49 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

I have econo, daily driver, high tow, and extreme. I like them all, but I really like the econo for cruising and tow for having fun and towing. All are really smooth. Unless you plan on more mods, I would get something other than extreme. Maybe smoke, race, or high idle.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is extreme not that great of a tune? I was thinking of gettting it.... Would race be better for speed and power than extreme?
I was also looking at the smoke tune... i heard that it has a lope idle to it, sounds cool?
I will be able to choose 6 tunes that I want. I wasnt going to get stock, isnt it like economy? Hows the economy for MPG? and whats the differece in daily driver.
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks, Mark
Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
why cant you fit the inner cooler with the plow stuff?

also, i would recomend going balls out with any tune! so your truck can be like mine BROKE,lol

tell tony what you want and he will advice you best on what to get!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Extreme is a great tune. It is what it says, Extreme. It maxes out the HPOP and injectors. At least it did on mine. I just think for a close to stock truck, other tunes would benefit more. On my truck, with the stage 1 injectors, extreme dumps fuel like crazy and it maxxed the HPOP. It is fast for a short time before it reaches it's peak. When I dynoed my truck, my tow tune was strongest followed by extreme, and daily driver. Even though Extreme is a powerful tune, more power can be had with a tune that suits the truck better. Tow was 305 hp, DD was 270 and Extreme 281. If I went with a larger turbo and more oil, Extreme would probably beat the others.

I get about the same mileage with Econo and Tow. DD is decent, but it likes to go fast. Econo builds speed gradually but after getting going is still peppy. DD, is real peppy from the start and pulls good all the way through. Tow is awesome. It starts slower than DD, but pulls like hell.

Last edited by pipelayerjdh; 03-25-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KOOOPSD
I wouldn't get economy..i think it sucks, I got economy, street, and smoke...i usually run in street all the time.....for some reason my smoke tune doesn't have that lope at idle, but it does smoke a fair amount.

Here it is on the smoke tune

MySpaceTV Videos: F250 Superduty by Mike

MySpaceTV Videos: F250 Superduty by Mike

MySpaceTV Videos: F250 Powerstroke by Mike
Old 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelayerjdh View Post
Extreme is a great tune. It is what it says, Extreme. It maxes out the HPOP and injectors. At least it did on mine. I just think for a close to stock truck, other tunes would benefit more. On my truck, with the stage 1 injectors, extreme dumps fuel like crazy and it maxxed the HPOP. It is fast for a short time before it reaches it's peak. When I dynoed my truck, my tow tune was strongest followed by extreme, and daily driver. Even though Extreme is a powerful tune, more power can be had with a tune that suits the truck better. Tow was 305 hp, DD was 270 and Extreme 281. If I went with a larger turbo and more oil, Extreme would probably beat the others.

I get about the same mileage with Econo and Tow. DD is decent, but it likes to go fast. Econo builds speed gradually but after getting going is still peppy. DD, is real peppy from the start and pulls good all the way through. Tow is awesome. It starts slower than DD, but pulls like hell.
That's interesting, but understandable about the tow being more dyno hp's than the extreme.
I'm also chiming in because I'm in the search for a chip/tuner!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmalards View Post
That's interesting, but understandable about the tow being more dyno hp's than the extreme.
I'm also chiming in because I'm in the search for a chip/tuner!
Torque numbers are interesting also. DD 562, Tow 606, Ex 547.

If I had to choose only one tune it would be tow. It has good driving manners. The only reason I use Econo is to keep from puffing smoke when I start off. If i'm feeling frisky, I use tow, for obvious reasons. If I want to scare my passenger and black out whatever is behind me, extreme is in order. In my truck, the difference in econo and DD would be like comparing a stock Mustang to one with exhaust and pulleys.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelayerjdh View Post
Torque numbers are interesting also. DD 562, Tow 606, Ex 547.

If I had to choose only one tune it would be tow. It has good driving manners. The only reason I use Econo is to keep from puffing smoke when I start off. If i'm feeling frisky, I use tow, for obvious reasons. If I want to scare my passenger and black out whatever is behind me, extreme is in order. In my truck, the difference in econo and DD would be like comparing a stock Mustang to one with exhaust and pulleys.
Now how are your TW tunes with your trans? I just did a rebuild because I smoked my trans with the edge evo I was running, so I'm just a little aprehensive to dive back into performance but I know there are custom tunes out there that will help the trans also.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:31 PM

I just orderd my TW chip and guages a couple days ago from Raul at Stealth. I told him what I would be useing my truck for and went with his reccomendations econo,daily,tow,street,extreme & Smoke.....now I am waiting for them to get here...I hate the waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.