Wildman chip Qs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 07:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wildman chip Qs

Crew

I am looking to get a chip and I am considering Wildman. I have 120cc split shot injectors. Do think he can make tunes for max power, economy, and lope idle smoke. Are his tunes that much better than TS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Wildman is pretty much the best tuner for OBS trucks.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

and the 7.3 trucks period. he can make a chip for you no matter what the mods are. Check out Scuffy828 signature, hes got big oil, stage 3's, big turbo, and alot more, and hes got Wildman tunes. I love mine. Big power....plus, if you upgrade in the future, he reburns for free. thats worth it right there!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm a layman to Tunes. I have a Superchip 1705 and was looking for something that I could tune on the fly. I tried my best to get some answers from Stealth-Automotive about the Tony Wildman Chip but their websit is unuseable for ordering anything specific, and two emails, with no reply. I have a stock 96 7.3L, except I added a 4" Stainless MBRP exhaust and a K & N Filter. How far can I tune this without hurting something. I'll also be getting a boost and pyro gauge.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Tw is def teh best way to go... and mesteele101 when did you email me i usually answer all my emails hourly

edit...found it... i did respond and you emailed me back.. and then when i tried to respond again it said you were over your limit..... i tried several times with no luck so please dont say i didnt respond when i did

Last edited by Raul@Stealth Automotive; 03-03-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

Only thing I have noticed with TW 6-chip is sometimes when rolling the switch, my truck stalls, this is at idle. Restarts normally, I had a single position chip before, didn't think it had anything. Even with the cat and muffler (California ) the TW chip made the 96 crew cab come alive. I think it would roast the tires if they were stock.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Raul,

Over my limit where? I'm running my own email server and get enough email to chock a horse daily.

It just frustrates me when I go to a site, prepared to buy something and it's really not clear what I'm buying. I don't want to jump through hoops just to buy something. Bullydog gives you exactly what their site tells you. You can't get custom tunes, but at least they are very precise is telling you what you’re getting for your money, and Superchips is even better at telling you what you get.

I have yet to get a straight answer about the Tony Wildman Chip. I've stated what I have, exactly, and so far I've received nothing in the way of someone telling me what I need and what exactly I'm getting for my money.

Again, I have a stock 7.3L with an automatic, other than the 4" exhaust, and a K&N Filter. I don't tow but I do carry about 1500 lbs in the back at all times.

I guess this is the settings I would need, unless there are other suggestions"

Stock
Medium
Extreme
high idle

Is the speed limiter disabled for Medium and extreme?
Do the tunes alter the transmission settings?
Will I see harder shifts, as I go from each tune?
What HP can I expect from Medium, and Extreme?
What is Smoke setting?

What do you suggest would be best for my truck?

Michael...

Last edited by mesteele101; 03-04-2008 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Error
Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just installed my TW chip on Saturday, all I have down is exhaust,intake,and a turbo housing. I used to have a bullydog 6pos chip and removed to install the TW. TW is the way to go, end of story.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesteele101 View Post
Raul,

Over my limit where? I'm running my own email server and get enough email to chock a horse daily.

It just frustrates me when I go to a site, prepared to buy something and it's really not clear what I'm buying. I don't want to jump through hoops just to buy something. Bullydog gives you exactly what their site tells you. You can't get custom tunes, but at least they are very precise is telling you what you’re getting for your money, and Superchips is even better at telling you what you get.

I have yet to get a straight answer about the Tony Wildman Chip. I've stated what I have, exactly, and so far I've received nothing in the way of someone telling me what I need and what exactly I'm getting for my money.

Again, I have a stock 7.3L with an automatic, other than the 4" exhaust, and a K&N Filter. I don't tow but I do carry about 1500 lbs in the back at all times.

I guess this is the settings I would need, unless there are other suggestions"

Stock
Medium
Extreme
high idle

Is the speed limiter disabled for Medium and extreme?
Do the tunes alter the transmission settings?
Will I see harder shifts, as I go from each tune?
What HP can I expect from Medium, and Extreme?
What is Smoke setting?

What do you suggest would be best for my truck?

Michael...
PM sent.. got your next email but its still doing the same thing you described in the email..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.