Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High Pressure Oil Cross Over Line

9K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  nic0084 
#1 ·
Of course the HPX for a OBS requires moving a HPO line:doh:. I was wondering if anyone who has done this took anypics? Ive been told to just bend the line 180 degrees and reinstert it into the other hole close to the front of the engine:dunno:. But i would rather make a cheater up in stead of bending it around. If anyone has some pics postem up. If not ill dive in and do it and take some step by step picks. Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I just moved it forward one hole. :thumb:

#5 ·
Did mine by bending - slightly - the factory line and moved it foward. That was the longest part of the install. I dont have any pix of it. Sorry. I was stumped when I did mine, so, I sat back with a beer and thought about things before I started throwing wrenches across my shop :)

#6 ·
I would like to view pictures of the crossover as well. Thanks.

#7 ·
so bendin the line works ok, i was afraid to bend it and kink it off

#9 ·
Ill do mine one night this week so let me know how it goes

#11 ·
Here is a pic of my ITP line installed

#12 ·
yours is diff than the one ill be using mine is rubber and ill have to bend the factory line around to the hole you used for your HPX line. Did it help any?

#13 ·
Mine helped some. Truck idles a little smoother and quieter. I also gained some throttle response. It was worth the money IMO.

#14 ·
I have been thinking about doing this for awhile, u guys notice a difference at all.

#15 ·
NOVAJOE, where did you get your crossover pipe? I had the rubber one that required relocating the one return hose forward. It was a pain to get everything to line up and not leak. That one looks like it might be an easier way to go.:)

#17 ·
nic0084 where did you buy thr hpx?

#21 ·
IMO KCM makes the best oil line. It is all metal and doesn't require you relocate your oil line. It fits like a glove and is reasonable priced. I payed $55 shipped.

It smoothed out my idle and increased throttle response. It's worth the money.
If your motor hunts some at idle, this line will take care of that.:thumb:

#22 ·
I ordered Dfuser oil line 3 days ago at 49 shipped but I`m not sure it is all metal. I wondered why the 180 day garantee from leaking or bursting was all about. Does anyone know if it is all metal? May send it back and get KCM so I can depend on it on the road. But why didn`t you have to relocate the oil line? TIA

#23 ·
i know your trucks are different, but what does this mod do for you?

#24 ·
Graig Long. See 97 powerstroke`s post above.

#25 ·
The one you ordered is rubber. I bought one of those to and it was too long and didn't work very well. Having to relocate your oil line to a different plug is a pain. Let me say its just not very smooth. I threw the rubber line away because it just wasn't worth the trouble.

KCM designed the line for our the obs truck so you don't have to move anything. Which makes it a smooth and easy install and because you don't have to move the oil line from the HPOP there is a lot less risk of having to mess with oil leaks. Here's a link to KCM and they have pics of the KCM oil line for 94-97 Powerstrokes.
Ford

They also sell a hard line for newer powerstrokes.

:thumb:

#27 ·
Thanks for the link. I just ordered it. Going to send the other one back when it arrives. KCM also has 1 yr. warranty while the rubber one is 6 mos.

#26 ·
anyone want to buy a rubber hose HPX line from Raul at stealth? Im going to go with a steel line so i dont have to relocate anything, Its new and unused PM for more info if anyones interested

#28 ·
Yeah the rubber ones suck. They recommend replacing them every year.:hehe:
That's a waste. KCM has a sweet set up.:thumb:

#30 ·
I would not recommend it due to the pressures involved. It only costs around $70.00 for the right parts. Is that worth it to make sure it's right and safe? Plus the fittings in the heads are not pipe thread, they are o-ring sealed. You can even buy the flexible lines cheaper than the hard lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.