Beans tranny saver injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
a truck

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beans tranny saver injectors

I am planning on getting new injectors this summer and am deciding between Beans Tranny Saver injectors or Baby Swamps 150cc injectors. I was wondering if anybody has either of these or knows anyone that does and if so how do they perform compared to the stock injectors as far as horsepower gains, acceleration, smoke, etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 AM
a truck

Old 02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is a good question. I have been having similar issues in trying to decide between something like the Baby Swamps at 150cc's or some Stage 1's at 160cc's. I hadn't even thought about the tranny savers. Now there is another kink in my decision process.

Last edited by jcmagone; 02-26-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:27 PM
a truck

Yeah no kidding it is a tough decision I just found the baby swamps on a site for 750 so I think I might go with those cause everywhere else they are 1050 and the tranny savers are 825. Also how do you like that 1.0 housing? I bought one but Im trying to decide wether or not I want to put it on
Old 02-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I saw Baby Swamps on GTS website for $750 as well but I have not been able to get a hold of them. They haven't replied to emails and there is no phone number. I spoke with one of the guys at Swamps yesterday and he did say they had resellers for their injectors but said if they were $750 then they were not getting them from them. He also said he has not heard from GTS in months.
And as far as the 1.0 housing goes it is great. My turbo spools up much faster and the lag is nearly gone. I have been told that depending on your altitude you won't want to run it with injectors unless your above about 4000 feet. I was also told by the guys over at Swamps that with injectors the turbo lag disappears as well. I am at about 4500 feet so I figure I will run it and see how it does with the injectors mainly because its a pain to change out. Good luck with your desicion.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
I was reading about Innovative diesels MINI ME Injectors in diesel tech. They sounded kool, they were for a 7.3 and didnt require an upgraded high pressure oil pump, also they didnt require an upgraded turbo but it was recomended, also I have no experience with injectors or anything and i dont know what im talking about, they just sounded kool lol
Old 02-26-2008, 07:45 AM
a truck

Thanks for the help GTS is where I found them for 750 too but I wont trust that now, and I think Ill just sell my turbo housing since I havent put it in the truck yet.

[QUOTE]I was reading about Innovative diesels MINI ME Injectors in diesel tech.[QUOTE]
Do you know what the horsepower is on these and where to find them on the website? Thanks.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know your post is about Swamp's or Bean's, and you really can't go wrong with either. They both have great customer service and great reputations. But you do have other options. I sell Stage-1 rebuilt sets starting at $475, check out the INJECTORS page at my site: DIY-Injectors.com. These can also be made in 130cc or 150cc if you so desire. Email me if you're interested: sales@diy-injectors.com.
Thanks,
Jim.

On edit: The Mini-me injectors are 235cc Hybrids and a trademark of Diesel Innovations. You can find them at www.DI performance.com. These are HUGE, and about as far opposite from 'tranny savers' as you can get.
More like 'Eat trannys for a snack quicker than you can blink' injectors.

Last edited by DZL JIM; 02-28-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Jim,

If i send my injectors in is there some way to get specs on what they have been milled to or what changes you make to them. I was curious about this just in case one of them had problems in the future and I needed to have another one matched up to the others.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have done business with Jim, he's a great guy and the product he offers is awesome! I did the DIY stage 2's and I'm thrilled with the performance and overall outcome of my injectors. I would absolutely suggest you guys give Jim a try for your injector needs! I would do business with him again in a heartbeat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.