Scangauge II users - What all can you read? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Scangauge II users - What all can you read?

So far my scangauge wont give me any important readouts, just the stuff that is already displayed such as volts, mph, tach. For temperature values it gives me -40 degrees, and it doesnt show anything for Horsepower, Torque, Gear Ratio, any of the things a person might actually want to display.

First off it didnt automatically recognize my truck, so i had to force the PWM. Was this common with everyone else?

Anyways what all values are you guys able to display? did you have to manually enter the stuff via the xgauge or were they always available to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Afaik scan gauge II don't work with the obs, 99+ only
Old 04-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Even then for most 99-03 trucks I dont think things like egts and boost and temps would be displayed as there isnt the right sensors attached. Is this correct? iirc when I was looking at a Bullydog tuner with the big screen (forget which model it was) the dealer was telling me I couldnt moniter all of that in my truck with it b/c the sensors didnt exist.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg89 View Post
Even then for most 99-03 trucks I dont think things like egts and boost and temps would be displayed as there isnt the right sensors attached. Is this correct? iirc when I was looking at a Bullydog tuner with the big screen (forget which model it was) the dealer was telling me I couldnt moniter all of that in my truck with it b/c the sensors didnt exist.
The only two important PID's the PCM does not monitor on a 7.3L(OBS and SD), are EGT and fuel pressure. The PCM does monitor boost, EOT, trans temp, ICP, IPR, etc.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
The only two important PID's the PCM does not monitor on a 7.3L(OBS and SD), are EGT and fuel pressure. The PCM does monitor boost, EOT, trans temp, ICP, IPR, etc.
Awesome. Thanks Justin!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg89 View Post
Awesome. Thanks Justin!
No problem. Glad I could clear that up for you.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
I assume i'll have to manually enter the codes for those then? I found a page on the scangauge site with a bunch of special xgauge codes for fords. I guess i'll have to punch em in and get her figured out.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise Outlaw View Post
I assume i'll have to manually enter the codes for those then? I found a page on the scangauge site with a bunch of special xgauge codes for fords. I guess i'll have to punch em in and get her figured out.
I am not sure how the Scan Gauge works, but if they do not show up automatically, then I am sure you will have to type in the code for them.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise Outlaw View Post
Unless they have a recent update, those are for Superduty PSDs. I tried a couple; I believe I tried EOT. No luck.

Seems to me someone _could_ find/create the right XGauge codes to get things like EOT, ICP, pedal position, etc. I'm quite sure the "formulas" for these are different for the OBS than for the SD, and I'm guessing no one has bothered to determine what those formulas/codes should be.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

alright so i've gone and updated all of the xgauge commands in my scangauge II and am still not able to get any new readings.

I went through all of the xgauges available. Updated the ones to reflect the codes on this page here and added the additional codes that were not present already. I can still only get readings for Speed, Voltage, and RPM. I have yet to mess around with the whole economy thing.

What other sensors does the OBS read? I know it has a fuel pressure sensor on the FPR (i removed this when i switched to an aeromotive). And I had heard there is a transmission temp sensor in the E40D. Also for some reason my scangauge isnt reading my coolant temp and reads as -40 degrees, but the factory gauge is working.

I was really hoping this thing would monitor useful stuff, but i feel like it is just going to be a code reader until i have another newer vehicle to put it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.