E-Fuel Line Size - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
E-Fuel Line Size

I'm in the process of building my 6.0 E-fuel setup. I am curious what some of you have used for as far as fuel line size. I'm mostly stuck on what to use for the engine valley area. I've seen 1/4"/-4 AN and 3/8"/-6 AN. And yes I have read all the sticky's and threads on OBS E-fuel setups
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja9788 View Post
I'm in the process of building my 6.0 E-fuel setup.
I'm confused. Are you downgrading to a 6.0 and trying to figure out how to plumb the fuel system?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you're stock just use the metal lines on the frame rail, they are 5/16. I have 200/30's and use those lines and maintain my fuel pressure. I got all my fittings from anplumbing.com. Great prices. The hard line in the valley for the supply us 3/8's though. I Bought hard line to -6 compression fittings to adapt to push-lok hose where i needed it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-19-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
I'm confused. Are you downgrading to a 6.0 and trying to figure out how to plumb the fuel system?
I'm doing something similar to alberta 7.3's setup. Pre-filter, 6.0 pump and 6.0 post filter with aeromotive regulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdco85 View Post
If you're stock just use the metal lines on the frame rail, they are 5/16. I have 200/30's and use those lines and maintain my fuel pressure. I got all my fittings from anplumbing.com. Great prices. The hard line in the valley for the supply us 3/8's though. I Bought hard line to -6 compression fittings to adapt to push-lok hose where i needed it.

That's kind of what I had in mind. Metal lines for supply and pushlok or AN fittings. I know I won't have a problem maintaining pressure, I just don't want to have to re-plumb it when I go bigger eventually. I had saw a few guys regret going -4AN vs. 3/8".
Old 04-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
That's kind of what I had in mind. Metal lines for supply and pushlok or AN fittings. I know I won't have a problem maintaining pressure, I just don't want to have to re-plumb it when I go bigger eventually. I had saw a few guys regret going -4AN vs. 3/8".
I'm assuming you are talking about the split to feed and return the heads. Nothing else is 1/4. I did -6 to feed the heads and kept the -4 to return into the regulator. From the regulator its back into the stock 5/16 hard line. If you feel like you need to go bigger then by all means but the fuel valve can only handle so much as well. You might have bigger problems if you need to upgrade line size, valve, pickup in the tank, etc. how big are you going? I'm sure the stock stuff can handle the normal hybrid sizes?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I'm assuming you are talking about the split to feed and return the heads. Nothing else is 1/4. I did -6 to feed the heads and kept the -4 to return into the regulator. From the regulator its back into the stock 5/16 hard line. If you feel like you need to go bigger then by all means but the fuel valve can only handle so much as well. You might have bigger problems if you need to upgrade line size, valve, pickup in the tank, etc. how big are you going? I'm sure the stock stuff can handle the normal hybrid sizes?

Ok that's what I was curious about. The plumbing to and from. I'm going with a setup similar to yours. Stage 2 injectors probably. T500. Intercooler. Etc.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Ok that's what I was curious about. The plumbing to and from. I'm going with a setup similar to yours. Stage 2 injectors probably. T500. Intercooler. Etc.
if you are planning on going bigger sometime i would recommend small hybrids. When I talked to Jim at rosewood, he said it be about $600 to make them about any size I wanted down the road (assuming plungers and barrels are still good) that confess with new nozzles of your choice and the machining to a bigger displacement. I still tow and drive with my truck so i wanted very streetable injectors for now. I was going to do 2's but then if I wanted to upgrade I would have to still buy new injectors. Just food for thought.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
I'm doing something similar to alberta 7.3's setup. Pre-filter, 6.0 pump and 6.0 post filter with aeromotive regulator
Ah, for some reason I thought you had dropped a 6.0 into your OBS and needed help with the fuel system. I'll let the others take this one, using a different pump on both my rigs.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I used 3/8" aluminum line with 6an fittings, and 5/16" rubber fuel line with EFI style hose clamps. Dont use the cheapo hose clamps, they will back out from vibes and you will throw a line (believe me i learned the hard way). I have the fuel pump just ahead of the solenoid selector, and a screw in fuel filter right next to the radiator on the drivers side. Adjustable FPR for the return. I also have an autometer oil pressure gauge run off the FPR so i can constantly monitor fuel pressure, just in case the pump starts going out. Super easy setup.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
if you are planning on going bigger sometime i would recommend small hybrids. When I talked to Jim at rosewood, he said it be about $600 to make them about any size I wanted down the road (assuming plungers and barrels are still good) that confess with new nozzles of your choice and the machining to a bigger displacement. I still tow and drive with my truck so i wanted very streetable injectors for now. I was going to do 2's but then if I wanted to upgrade I would have to still buy new injectors. Just food for thought.

That was kind of what I was thinking. Rosewood is definitely going to be my supplier when it comes time to get them. I only hear great things about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
Ah, for some reason I thought you had dropped a 6.0 into your OBS and needed help with the fuel system. I'll let the others take this one, using a different pump on both my rigs.
I can see where you would make that mistake. I ran into an amazing deal on the pump that I couldn't pass up. Plus I like the idea of utilizing oe filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise Outlaw View Post
I used 3/8" aluminum line with 6an fittings, and 5/16" rubber fuel line with EFI style hose clamps. Dont use the cheapo hose clamps, they will back out from vibes and you will throw a line (believe me i learned the hard way). I have the fuel pump just ahead of the solenoid selector, and a screw in fuel filter right next to the radiator on the drivers side. Adjustable FPR for the return. I also have an autometer oil pressure gauge run off the FPR so i can constantly monitor fuel pressure, just in case the pump starts going out. Super easy setup.
I work for Mopar so I use up the genuine $2.50 a piece hose clamps lol. Never had a problem with them yet...*knocks on wood*. That seems to be where everyone is placing theirs but my tank is right in front of the selector so I'm going to have to do a little engineering on the placement of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.