Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What chips/programmers are available for the 96 F250 7.3?

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Justin@DP-Tuner 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Like the title says.

Not too sure what tuners/chips are available. Ideally I would be interested in the TS 6 position but thought it was only for the 1998-2003 PS?

DP I don't think are available for ours too? My buddy has the Edge Evolution programmer but its a POS and has bricked his engine twice having to get it towed to the dealership and getting the PCM reflashed.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. I got the 6637, 3"DP and straight pipes so ready to go. :icon_ford:

#3 ·
That edge is good for 2 things, checking and clearing codes, and selling off

That infinity is AMAZING looking, I will def be getting as first major mod when the wallet allows on my next rig

#5 ·
Ohh I will, the fact that it can be used to switch my chip already is amazing

#7 ·
Yes, that is a nice benefit and it will clean up the look inside your truck. In addition, the part that enables a chip to be hooked up to the Infinity is also the part that allows the Infinity to have 8 additional inputs/sensors added to it.

:Shocked: I can get rid of my knob?!?!?!?!

Justin, I'm having trouble moving around your website. Is there a page on there that I can read about the infinity that's not a video?

[EDIT] k, that was dumb. For those interested in reading about it go here:
INFINITY-DX Touch Screen 7.3L NOW AVAILABLE (Price includes Free 8g SD card and 1 VIN License with purchase) - Programmers - Tuning - 1994.5 - 2003 Powerstroke 7.3L Truck - Ford Powerstroke
Yes you can! The Infinity is the only monitor on the market that will enable you to lose the knob.

I see you were able to find the Infinity product page. Let me know if you have any additional questions I can help you out with.

#6 · (Edited)
#12 ·
The Infinity itself cannot change tunes on the fly because it is a programmer and not a chip. However, we will be releasing a product that will connect the Infinity to any modern multi-position chip which will enable the Infinity to change the tunes on the ship.

get a TS chip with Tony Wildman tunes...they are the best for an OBS..... they work VERY well, and they are, for all intent and purposes, Bulletproof.
and, yes, they are "Shift on the Fly" ...lift your foot, clik it, plant your foot.

and why would anybody in their right mind want to get rid of the knob, and use something that relys on another
computer to do things ? the computers in these things are problem enough without adding another one.....
Because the knob is an eyesore to some. The Infinity's operating system is nothing like the PCM or any other computer on these trucks. The Infinity itself has an extremely low failure rate.

#9 ·
get a TS chip with Tony Wildman tunes...they are the best for an OBS..... they work VERY well, and they are, for all intent and purposes, Bulletproof.
and, yes, they are "Shift on the Fly" ...lift your foot, clik it, plant your foot.

and why would anybody in their right mind want to get rid of the knob, and use something that relys on another
computer to do things ? the computers in these things are problem enough without adding another one.....

#10 ·
X2 tw tunes are the way to go

#11 ·
That computer also is a gauge display, also checks and clears codes, and hell no knob, y not, or you could have dp tunes on that infinity, it literally does enough to boggle the mind IMHO, I do love my tony tunes, and hell having computers is not a bad thing, even the newer cummins has gone electrical vs mechanical, mostly still mechanical tho, but custom tunes are still electrical impulses, not like a chip never failed before

#13 ·
Ahh so it won't change tunes on a 6 pos on the fly yet? When is that coming Kause I want I want I want I want lol

#15 ·
I was caught between a rock ad a hard place as far as my decision. I heard many great things about the TW 6 position and didn't realize that you guys over at DP did a tuner for the 96.

I originally wanted to buy a chip (cheap one) and also buy an autoenginuity because of its tearing capabilities but according to your website Justin your tuner can do all tr above and then some? I also don't have any additional pillar gauges but I'm right in saying the tuner has them on the display? (What ones and what mods will have to be made?)

I bought a downpipe with a port but currently plugged.....I know this will certainly be required with a tuner!

#17 ·
I bought a downpipe with a port but currently plugged.....I know this will certainly be required with a tuner!
Warning, please DO NOT use the port in the downpipe for your EGT sender. It is too far away from the cylinders (what the EGT gauge is supposed to be monitoring, not the turbo) that it can be several hundred degrees off from where most of use install our probes. In one of my classrooms here on campus I have a 5.9 24v as our test engine for our engine performance class and we have EGT probes just before and just after the turbo and they are 300* different in the 6 inch span between the two probes. That 300* is the difference between quality cylinder combustion and melted pistons.

#16 ·
Don't put the egt probe in your down pipe, install in the manifold, most of us just go drivers side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.