E-Fuel Parts list, questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E-Fuel Parts list, questions

Well my stock system sprung another leak so I think I'm ready to scrap it and build an e-fuel system. I'd like to keep the whole thing between 500-600 bucks. I want a quality system, not some rigged up crap, but I don't want to spend a ton of money either. Here is the parts list I have so far:

Regulator - Aeromotive 13109 - ~$150 on Amazon
Pump - Airtex E2236 - ~$100 on Amazon
Pump mounting clamps - something from the hardware store
Fuel/Water Separator ***'y - Stanadyne 33640 - ~$70 on dieselstore.com
Final filter - Wix 24770 base & CAT 1R-0750 - ~$26 on Amazon & ~$18 on eBay
7/8" Freeze plug - $1 at the parts store
Liquid filled gauge - ~$20 from Driven Diesel
Oil pressure switch - ~$14 from Driven Diesel
Wiring/relay/etc - TBD, looking for some input on this
Fittings - TBD, looking for input on this as well

Total so far - ~$400

I'm looking for some input on where I could cut back on cost as well as a few additional parts I'm not sure which route I want to go yet.

Does anybody know where I could source a stock SD pump bracket? I'm leaning towards not getting a junk yard pump because I'd like to put all new parts on it, but it's not out of the question.

For the routing on top of the motor, I'm thinking I will use either a 2 way block, or get one of THESE y-blocks from summit. Then I will cut the banjo fitting off the stock lines and reuse the stock lines, run fuel injection hose between the feed line, y-block, and stock lines. Unless someone has a good way to reuse the factory banjo fitting.

As for wiring, do yall think it is worth it to buy the $120 harness from Driven Diesel with the pump controller? Or I could make my own harness and I'm thinking run a wire to the GPR to have the pump run when the glow plugs are running, as well as using the oil pressure switch from Driven Diesel. If I make my own wiring harness, what is the relay that most people use? I don't think I'm going to fool with running the wiring into the factory fuse box, at least not for now.

Is the Stanadyne FM100 series fuel/water separator worth the cost, or should I buy a different setup for pre-pump filtration?

I don't like the idea of having my junk hanging down below the truck with no protection, so I want to fab up some kind of skid plate that bolts on for easy removal at servicing time.

Open to thoughts, comments, criticisms, etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Am I correct in saying the inlet on the regulator is -6AN and the factory return lines from the front of the head are -4AN into the regulator? Does someone make a -6AN to -4AN 90* elbow?

Can someone point me in the direction of a -6ORB to 3/8" barb to go into the regulator output?

Been looking around on jegs and haven't seen either of these.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Premium Member

Thumbs up

Heres a harness for the SD Pump which is the same one i'm useing on my E-fuel!!!

OBS Fuel Pump Harness

Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Yeah that's the one I saw. Just wondering if it's worth spending the money to buy that harness rather than making up my own harness
Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM

What do yall think about this banjo block off of eBay to retain the factory line hookup?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith76 View Post
Yeah that's the one I saw. Just wondering if it's worth spending the money to buy that harness rather than making up my own harness
Quote:
What do yall think about this banjo block off of eBay to retain the factory line hookup?
Looks like a cool fitting for the Banjo....I paid about 25.00 dollars at a hydralic shop for a fitting that the banjo bolt screwed into and then threaded the inside of the fitting for 1/2 pipe and put the size barb fitting in it with gascola on the threads....Done!!

I like the pump harness cause when you turn the key on it will run for only 20 seconds then shut the pump off unless you start the motor and get oil pressure....Kinda nice setup in my opinion!!!t

Last edited by stealthrunner; 03-25-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:31 PM

Yeah I definitely like the harness and the controller, just not sure if I want to spend the extra money on it.

As for the banjo bolt, I like the idea, 75 bucks just seems like a lot. I guess that'd be about the same as the money I'd spend fabbing up a y-block with fitting/lines and all that. Did you have to get them to make up that fitting you got for 25 or is it just a common fitting they had on hand?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Premium Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah I definitely like the harness and the controller, just not sure if I want to spend the extra money on it.

As for the banjo bolt, I like the idea, 75 bucks just seems like a lot. I guess that'd be about the same as the money I'd spend fabbing up a y-block with fitting/lines and all that. Did you have to get them to make up that fitting you got for 25 or is it just a common fitting they had on hand?
Near as i can remember at this time in my friday night... it was about a -12 size but the threads were straight in it worked perfect for what i was after....I'll look around and see if i can find my reicept and let ya know what exactaly what it was... Opp's just found a link to it in my favorites file on the lap top!!!

http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cata...404-12-08.html Hope it helps.....
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Can someone point me in the direction of a -6ORB to 3/8" barb to go into the regulator output?

Been looking around on jegs and haven't seen either of these.

Thanks
The return is 5/16
Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 AM

I am probably going to get one of these blocks...I have the hydraulic shop fittings, and they are heavy, and seep a bit.

this aluminum block looks like the best thing since sliced bread to me.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.